Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, MediaJune 30, 2014 - Major League Soccer (MLS)
As one of Bacon's first priorities, he will work closely with Larry Tiscornia, Vice President of Broadcasting, to integrate the new television and media rights partnerships with ESPN, Fox Sports and Univision Deportes. The landmark television agreements, which were announced earlier this year, are eight-year partnerships to televise MLS and U.S. Soccer matches in the United States through the end of 2022.
"Seth's experience in broadcast and content distribution and knowledge of partnership integration will play a key role in growing the fan base of MLS and elevating the overall profile of the League throughout the world," said Gary Stevenson, President and Managing Director of MLS Business Ventures. "Seth's fresh approach will help lead a very important part of our business during this exciting time of growth."
Bacon brings nearly 15 years of broadcast experience to MLS and SUM and most recently served as Managing Director, Broadcasting for NASCAR, where he was a core member of the team that negotiated the sport's recent multimedia rights agreements. During his eleven years with NASCAR, Bacon managed and maximized relationships and sponsorship opportunities with broadcast partners, developed the organization's first Hispanic broadcast partnership and helped implement co-branded marketing campaigns for NASCAR and network partners. He was also instrumental in renewing NASCAR's international business with more than 30 broadcast partners and also played an important role in negotiations with ESPN during the launch of Watch ESPN and NASCAR RaceBuddy digital products.
Bacon also has a background in broadcast production, as he was responsible for all production and programming of NASCAR broadcasts outside the U.S. Before joining NASCAR, Bacon served as an Associate Producer at Fox Sports Net where he was a member of the original production team that launched "Best Damn Sports Show Period."
"I'm excited to begin this new chapter in my career and play a part in the League's continued growth and expansion," said Bacon. "I'm honored for the opportunity to join MLS and SUM at a time when the profile of the League and the sport of soccer is at an all-time high."
A graduate of Emerson College, Bacon will join MLS and SUM on July 21.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 30, 2014
- Omar Gonzalez Expects a Tough Test against Belgium - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Injury sidelines José Mari for up to a month - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Commerce City to Hold 19th Annual 4thFest on Friday - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Partnership for Made-In-America Solar Energy Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Vicente Sánchez, the Wizard with Us - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Releases Alex Martinez - Sporting Kansas City
- Fans Invited to Join Sounders FC Players and Coaches for World Cup Viewing Party Tuesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Update: New York Heads to Houston Friday - New York Red Bulls
- U.S. Look to Advance to First Quarterfinal Since 2002 - this Week in MLS - MLS
- LA Galaxy Kick off a Three-Game Home Stand against Portland - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Crew and Columbus Commons Team-Up for Viewing Party - Columbus Crew SC
- Fewer Than 500 Tickets Remain for July 5 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Return to MLS Action, Begin Eight-Match Stretch in Month of July - Chicago Fire
- Montreal Impact Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Impact Striker Jack McInerney Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Waive Giuseppe Gentile - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake, Salt Lake City Mayor's Office, Broadway Media Group to Host Watch Party - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to Host World Cup Viewing Party - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Major League Soccer Names Seth Bacon Senior Vice President, Media - MLS
- Gehrig Pleased to See Both Germany, USA Advance - Columbus Crew SC
- McInerney Scores a Brace as Impact Shuts out Houston 3-0 at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.