Condors vs. Idaho - Kindle Fire Giveaway TonightJanuary 11, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Bakersfield Condors
Time: Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 for STH, who are invited to a "Chalk Talk" with the coaches at this time); puck drops at 7 p.m.
Promotion: Everyone in attendance is eligible to win one of 20 Kindle Fire tablets to be given away at tonight's game
Place: Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena
Radio: Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, iheartradio app, www.foxsports970am.com/
Webcast: America One, www.americaonesports.com
Tickets: Ticketmaster, Condors office 661-324-PUCK (7825)
The Bakersfield Condors play the Idaho Steelheads for the fifth straight time, all coming over the last 14 days. Tonight's match kicks off a two-game weekend set here in Condorstown, wrapping up the 10-game season series. Though Bakersfield started the series off promising, winning one of the first two meetings, the Steelheads have taken five of the last six, and overall their only two losses in the series came via shootout.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield opened 2013 with a thrilling 2-1 win over the Steelheads just over a week ago on home ice. After that, the Condors were swept in a two-game series in Boise last weekend. F Francis Verreault led the way with 2g-1a in the series. F Liam Huculak scored a goal in his final period as a hockey player, as the veteran winger retired earlier in the week to pursue career options outside of hockey.
F Francis Verreault (trade with Greenville) made an impact in his Condors debut, recording a goal, assist and fight in his first game with the club on Friday, and added an assist on Saturday. D Kyle Haines, who came with Verreault in the deal for F Levi Nelson, also made his Condors debut in Idaho. F Max Campbell joined the team in Idaho after being acquired from Toledo but has been suspended today after accepting an offer from overseas. F Nicolas Tremblay, a rookie out of Clarkson University, will make his Condors debut tonight. Tremblay was a college teammate of former Condors RW Scott Freeman.
Newly acquired F Francis Verreault leads the Condors in goals, assists, points and +/-... F Brett Lyon had 1g-1a on Saturday for his second multi-point game of the season... G Scott Greenham is 4th in the ECHL with 630 saves... F Peter Boyd (5) and F Daniel Koger (4) are 1st and 2nd in the league in shootout goals.
1/11 F Nicolas Tremblay signed
1/11 F Max Campbell suspended
1/9 F Zach Cohen traded to Greenville for future
considerations and the rights to D T.J. Fast
1/7 F Liam Huculak suspended by team
1/3 F Alex Hudson released
1/3 F David Toews released
WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Why try to squeeze in an unsatisfying dinner before you rush off to the game? Tonight's menu for The Space Between includes a tri-tip sandwich meal with roasted red potatoes and green beans. Season ticket holders with access to The Club Room can feast on a tri-tip dinner buffet.
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2013
- Four-Goal Second Lifts Wranglers 5-1 over Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Special Teams Haunt Idaho in Loss - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder power play silenced, Beatty breaks tie with late second period goal - Stockton Thunder
- Vegas Takes Series Opening Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Win 9th Straight at Home with 4-1 Victory over Thunder - Colorado Eagles
- Everblades Rally from 2-0 Deficit to Defeat Toledo 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Topple Titans 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Knock off Royals in a Shootout, 5-4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Light up Solar Bears 9-3 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Komets Sneak Past Cyclones in Shootout, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Draw Blood Against Evansville - Elmira Jackals
- New-Look Titans Lose Another Heartbreaker to SC, 3-1 - Trenton Titans
- Big Third Period for Greenville as Bears Fall to Road Warriors - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bulls Sign Center Colin Reddin; Guimond Loaned to Worcester - San Francisco Bulls
- Orlando Signs Kavanagh, Lampman Promoted to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Trio Called up to AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Play Pick-Up Hockey at the Cow Palace - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Condors vs. Idaho - Kindle Fire Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Signs Free Agent Right Wing Matt Ambroz - Stockton Thunder
- Finucci Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Sign F Nicolas Tremblay - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans GameDay vs. South Carolina - January 11, 2013 (Game 35 - Home 17) - Trenton Titans
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings to Work at McDonald's - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Open Road Trip Tonight in Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Matczak Loaned to the Heat - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Greenville Road Warriors - January 11 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Veilleux Assigned to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - January 11 - ECHL
- Bulls Edged by Steelheads, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Beskorowany Helps Idaho Hold off Bulls - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.