Titans GameDay vs. South Carolina - January 11, 2013 (Game 35 - Home 17)
December 7-8, 2012 - In two outstanding, hotly contested games in North Charleston, SC, Trenton fell to the Stingrays 3-2 (OT) and 6-5 (SO).
These two teams are back at it for the final time this year, when they complete this two game set at Trenton's Sun National Bank Center on January 12 at 7:05 pm. All the action is on AmericaOne.com, 1077theBronc.com and locally on 107.7 FM.
Streaks (Last 10)
South Carolina: 1-0 (3-5-1-1); Trenton: 0-4-1 (5-4-1)
SC: 6-13-0-2 Road; Trenton: 9-6-1 Home
Welcome To Trenton
With the loss of several players, fresh faces have come to Trenton in the form of defensemen Gentry Zollars and Derrick Pallis (both returnees) and forwards Brad Peltz and Corey Tamblyn. Andrew Schmit has the ability to play both positions.
Trenton continues to have one of the best PK units in the league, ranked 4th overall at 85.1% (126 kills-148 Opps). They are equally as good in any venue, ranked 6th at home (87.1, 61-70) and 5th on the road (84.4, 65-77.
DID YOU KNOW?
SC is 13-4 when scoring first (have won their last 4). Trenton is 11-3-1-2 (lost its last 3).
Despite a Goal Differential of -6, SC is 10th in the East in scoring (103), 7th in GA (109) and just 2 points from a playoff spot near the season's midway point.
A Roster Divided
Post-Lockout has ECHL scrambling to fill spots as Titans lead the way.
When Paul Holmgren told Randy Miller of the Courier Post that the Titans roster was "probably going to suffer the most", little did he know that was a conservative estimate, and all in just 3 days.
Already having lost Marcel Noebels, Ian Slater and Blake Kessel in call-ups to Adirondack (AHL), soon to follow when the lockout ended were Matt Mangene, Andrew Johnston and Shane Harper (F) and Tyler Hostetter (D).
Before them defenseman Eric Baier found himself going back a mile from his college when the Providence Bruins grabbed him.
The first to go was fellow D-man Ryan Grimshaw. Though more than deserving of the chance, the call for him to go to Torono caught some by surprise. More will probably get the call. As for those who have left, while the Titans want them back, here's hoping they stick in the "A" for quite some time.
Click HERE for tonight's Trenton-South Carolina game notes
Click HERE for the ECHL Conference Standings
26-8-1-1 54 (11-5-1-1 on the Road)
17-5-1-2 37 (1-0 vs. EVN IceMen)
15-13-2-4 36 (2-2-1 vs. Reading)
14-15-3-2 33 (5-2-1 last 7 at home)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2013
- Four-Goal Second Lifts Wranglers 5-1 over Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Special Teams Haunt Idaho in Loss - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder power play silenced, Beatty breaks tie with late second period goal - Stockton Thunder
- Vegas Takes Series Opening Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Win 9th Straight at Home with 4-1 Victory over Thunder - Colorado Eagles
- Everblades Rally from 2-0 Deficit to Defeat Toledo 3-2 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Topple Titans 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Knock off Royals in a Shootout, 5-4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Light up Solar Bears 9-3 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Sneak Past Cyclones in Shootout, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Draw Blood Against Evansville - Elmira Jackals
- New-Look Titans Lose Another Heartbreaker to SC, 3-1 - Trenton Titans
- Big Third Period for Greenville as Bears Fall to Road Warriors - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bulls Sign Center Colin Reddin; Guimond Loaned to Worcester - San Francisco Bulls
- Orlando Signs Kavanagh, Lampman Promoted to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Trio Called up to AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Play Pick-Up Hockey at the Cow Palace - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Condors vs. Idaho - Kindle Fire Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Signs Free Agent Right Wing Matt Ambroz - Stockton Thunder
- Finucci Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Sign F Nicolas Tremblay - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans GameDay vs. South Carolina - January 11, 2013 (Game 35 - Home 17) - Trenton Titans
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings to Work at McDonald's - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Open Road Trip Tonight in Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Matczak Loaned to the Heat - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Greenville Road Warriors - January 11 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Veilleux Assigned to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - January 11 - ECHL
- Bulls Edged by Steelheads, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Beskorowany Helps Idaho Hold off Bulls - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Titans Stories
- Trenton Titans Hockey Organization to Cease Operations
- Titans (Final) Week in Review
- Titans GameDay at Wheeling, March 20 - Game 72 (Final), Away 36
- Wedgewood Sets Six Marks as Titans Fall in Final Meeting with Elmira, 4-1
- Titans GameDay at Elmira, March 29 - Game 71 (Away 35)