Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, SaturdayJanuary 9, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies
The Grizzlies open a five-game home stand this week with an 8-4-2-2 record at Maverik Center this year and a 7-0-1-1 mark against everyone but Alaska and Stockton at home.
End Of Lockout
Since the NHL lockout ended on Sunday the ECHL has seen over 60 players return to their NHL teams or called-up to the AHL. Utah to this point, has seen Trevor Lewis go back to the Los Angeles Kings and Colby Armstrong go back to the Montreal Canadiens; while defenseman Drew MacKenzie has been recalled to the AHL's Abbotsford Heat.
Trevor Lewis Recap
Trevor Lewis had three goals and six assists in six games with Utah as he scored in all six. He had multiple-points in three games and five of his nine points came on the power-play.
Vs The Wranglers
The Grizzlies play their third and fourth-straight games against Las Vegas this weekend. The two teams split two games last weekend at Orleans Arena. Sunday, Grant Rollheiser stopped all 25 shots he saw in a 4-0 Utah win for his first-ever shutout. Utah put up a season-high 42 shots on the road in that game. Utah outshot Las Vegas 30-22 Saturday in a 4-1 loss.
Grant Rollheiser replaced an injured Andrew Engelage late in the first period Friday. Rollheieser has a 7-6-0-3 record for Utah this season when Engelage has been out of the lineup. He has taken a shutout into the third period twice and has allowed two goals or less in six of his last 11 starts.
Playing With A Lead
The Grizzlies have led from the outset in four of their last five home games, having trailed only once in that stretch as they fell 2-1 to Stockton December 31, falling behind 2-0 in the second period.
With their highest-scoring team since joining the ECHL and in over a decade, Utah has scored four goals or more in seven of their last 11 games and in 14 of their last 23 games. Utah is 11-4-2-0 this year when scoring four goals or more.
Colin Vock is an even or better in ten-straight games and has three goals and three assists in his last five games. He is an even or better in 27 of 30 games played this year.
As Of Late
Utah's last two wins, 5-1 over Stockton on December 31 and 4-0 over Las Vegas on January 6 have been their highest margins of victory of the year. Utah is 5-0 this year when they build a lead of three or more goals in a game.
The Grizzlies return home for five-straight games starting Friday and Saturday, January 11 and 12 with Las Vegas. It is Beer Fest with $3 premium beers and buy-one-get-one-free entrees from Angelina's Little Italy and El Pasado Cantina. After the game Saturday, fans can skate on the ice with the team for free. Skate rental is $2.
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2013
- Salters Scores Twice as Everblades Sink Walleye 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut Down 4-0 by Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hetenyi's 28 Saves Backstop Cyclones to 4-0 Win over Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kalamazoo Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lamoureux and Carlson Fill Reign Roster Spots - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Acquire Rights to D T.J. Fast from Greenville for Cohen - Bakersfield Condors
- Lampe, Lunden Head to AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps - Ontario Reign
- Spencer Bennett, Jesse Dudas Added to Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Get Your Drink on at the SF Bulls Game this Thursday - San Francisco Bulls
- Courtnall and McNeely Called up to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mara Joins Couture in Houston - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Center Ryan Green, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- LoVerde Answers the Monarchs Call - Ontario Reign
- Toledo Adds Three to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Forwards Alex Berry and Matt Pope Loaned by Hershey to Reading - Reading Royals
- Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder Acquires Rights to D Colten Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Receive Forward Phil Mangan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Two Former Broncos - Kalamazoo Wings
- Yogan Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - January 9 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.