Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, defending Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, announce that goaltender Chris Carrozzi has been recalled to the St. John's IceCaps by the NHL's Winnipeg Jets.
This is Carrozzi's first regular season stint with the IceCaps this year. He spent part of training camp with the Jets' AHL affiliate in 2012 and appeared in two games with the club during the 2011-12 season. Carrozzi was a sixth round (#154 overall) draft pick for the Atlanta Thrashers (now Winnipeg Jets) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Carrozzi has played in 19 games for the Reign this season with a 13-6-0-0 record. With 406 saves he boasts a 0.885 save percentage and holds a 2.93 goals-against average. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound goalie currently leads the ECHL with three shutouts. He was named Goaltender of the Week by the ECHL for October 29 - November 4.
During the 2011-12 season, Carrozzi joined the Reign in late November from the Colorado Eagles where he appeared in just one game. In 29 games with the Reign he held a 17-6-2-2 record and career-highs with a 0.922 save percentage and 2.27 goals-against average. The Nepean, Ontario native earned the ECHL Goaltender of the Month award for February 2012 after a stellar month of play which included combining with JF Berube for 224:14 of consecutive shutout time. Carrozzi recorded a total of three shutouts.
Prior to the 2011-12 season, the 22-year-old played with the Gwinnett Gladiators for 47 games posting a 0.894 save percentage and 3.23 goals-against average. Carrozzi spent from 2006-10 playing in the OHL. After 156 appearances he earned a 3.09 goals against average and a 0.906 save percentage. He also earned OHL Goaltender of the Year honors in 2010 for his performance with the Mississauga St. Michael's.
The Reign will head to Alaska to face the Aces for three straight games to finish the teams' five-game home-and-away series. After their Tuesday, Jan. 15 game in Bakersfield the team will return to Citizens Business Bank Arena on Wednesday, Jan. 16 to face the Las Vegas Wranglers. This is a State Farm 2-for-1 Wednesday so stop by your local State Farm agency to pick up your vouchers! After the game the entire team will be at Boston's to meet and mingle with fans. Don't miss your chance to take pictures and get autographs from the team and enjoy a great dinner at great prices!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2013
- Salters Scores Twice as Everblades Sink Walleye 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut Down 4-0 by Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hetenyi's 28 Saves Backstop Cyclones to 4-0 Win over Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kalamazoo Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lamoureux and Carlson Fill Reign Roster Spots - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Acquire Rights to D T.J. Fast from Greenville for Cohen - Bakersfield Condors
- Lampe, Lunden Head to AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps - Ontario Reign
- Spencer Bennett, Jesse Dudas Added to Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Get Your Drink on at the SF Bulls Game this Thursday - San Francisco Bulls
- Courtnall and McNeely Called up to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mara Joins Couture in Houston - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Center Ryan Green, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- LoVerde Answers the Monarchs Call - Ontario Reign
- Toledo Adds Three to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Forwards Alex Berry and Matt Pope Loaned by Hershey to Reading - Reading Royals
- Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder Acquires Rights to D Colten Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Receive Forward Phil Mangan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Two Former Broncos - Kalamazoo Wings
- Yogan Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - January 9 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.