Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - The San Francisco Bulls Professional Hockey Team, proud affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, announced today that their AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks, recalled defenseman Mikael Tam and forward Daniil Tarasov. In addition, defenseman Joe Tolles has been signed, while forward Jonathan Lessard returns to the Bulls.
Lessard, 21, returns to the Bulls after signing with the team in the off-season. He saw game time during the pre-season, but did not play during the regular season before being released from his contract. Lessard turns pro after five seasons in the QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League). A native of St.-Eustache, Quebec, Lessard tied or led his team in goal scoring on three occasions, also finishing first on the team in points in 2009-10. An alternate captain for two seasons with Acadie-Bathurst, Lessard compiled 200 points (115 goals, 85 assists) in 254 games.
Tolles, 23, is in his second season of professional hockey. The Toledo, Ohio, native played in 45 games in the ECHL over the past two seasons with the Florida Everblades, Wheeling Nailers and Kalamazoo Wings, recording eight points (1 goal, 7 assists). The 6-foot, 181-pound Tolles began the 2012-13 season with the Fort Worth Brahmas of the Central Hockey League. While in Texas, he produced three points (1 goal, 2 assists) in 33 games. Prior to turning pro, Tolles played two seasons with Brock University of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport.
Tam, 21, a rookie, played in 16 games with the Bulls, recording six points (1 goal, 5 assists). His first professional goal came on December 17 at HP Pavilion. He also suited up in nine games with Worcester this season. Tarasov, 21, played in 17 games with the Bulls, totaling 14 points (3 goals, 11 assists). He also skated in one game with Worcester this season, his first as a professional.
The Bulls return to action this Thursday, when they host the Idaho Steelheads for Thirsty Thursday at the Cow Palace. At select concessions, purchase two 12 ounce domestic draft beers and get BOTH half off.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2013
- Salters Scores Twice as Everblades Sink Walleye 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut Down 4-0 by Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hetenyi's 28 Saves Backstop Cyclones to 4-0 Win over Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kalamazoo Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lamoureux and Carlson Fill Reign Roster Spots - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Acquire Rights to D T.J. Fast from Greenville for Cohen - Bakersfield Condors
- Lampe, Lunden Head to AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps - Ontario Reign
- Spencer Bennett, Jesse Dudas Added to Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Get Your Drink on at the SF Bulls Game this Thursday - San Francisco Bulls
- Courtnall and McNeely Called up to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mara Joins Couture in Houston - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Center Ryan Green, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- LoVerde Answers the Monarchs Call - Ontario Reign
- Toledo Adds Three to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Forwards Alex Berry and Matt Pope Loaned by Hershey to Reading - Reading Royals
- Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder Acquires Rights to D Colten Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Receive Forward Phil Mangan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Two Former Broncos - Kalamazoo Wings
- Yogan Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - January 9 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.