ECHL Today - January 9
January 9, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
A preview of ECHL games for Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013
Watch Games Live on America One Sports, the "Official Broadband and Mobile Broadcaster" of the ECHL
Reading Royals (25-8-2) at Kalamazoo Wings (15-16-3) 7 p.m. ET
- Reading's Adam Comrie is fourth among defensemen with 24 points (11g-13a).
- Kalamazoo's Joel Martin is tied for third with 13 wins.
- Royals are 16-0-2 when scoring first.
- K-Wings are fifth on the power play at home at 24.2 percent (23-for-95).
Toledo Walleye (19-13-4) at Florida Everblades (15-13-7) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Toledo's Willie Coetzee is second with 135 shots on goal.
- Mathieu Roy leads Florida with 34 points (13g-21a).
- Walleye are league's third-least penalized team with 14.22 penalty minutes per game.
- Everblades are 10-0-1 when leading after two periods.
Orlando Solar Bears (15-17-4) at Cincinnati Cyclones (20-12-2) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Orlando's Michael Wilson is tied for fifth among defensemen with 23 points (2g-21a).
- Cincinnati's David Pacan is tied for third among rookies with 18 assists.
- Solar Bears are sixth on the penalty kill at 84.7 percent (138-for-163).
- Cyclones are 14-5-1 when outshooting their opponent.
Fort Wayne Komets (19-15-2) at Evansville IceMen (13-21-3) 7:15 p.m. CT
- Brandon Marino leads Fort Wayne against the IceMen with 10 points (3g-7a).
- Evansville's Todd Robinson is tied for third with 15 power-play assists.
- Komets are tied for first with nine shorthanded goals.
- IceMen are 12-2-2 when leading after two periods.
Stockton Thunder (19-11-7) at Colorado Eagles (17-16-3) 7:05 p.m. MT
- Eric Hunter leads Stockton against the Eagles with three goals and five points.
- Colorado's Michael Forney is tied for the league lead with eight power-play goals.
- Thunder have scored a league-high 49 goals in the second period.
- Eagles are first on the power play at home at 29.3 percent (29-for-99).
Ontario Reign (24-9-2) at Alaska Aces (28-8-1) 7:15 p.m. AKT
- Ontario's C.J. Stretch is tied for seventh with 39 points (18g-21a).
- Alaska's Nick Mazzolini is second with six game-winning goals.
- Reign are second in the league with 11 road wins (11-5-1).
- Aces are tied for first with 2.41 goals-against per game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2013
- Salters Scores Twice as Everblades Sink Walleye 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut Down 4-0 by Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hetenyi's 28 Saves Backstop Cyclones to 4-0 Win over Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kalamazoo Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lamoureux and Carlson Fill Reign Roster Spots - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Acquire Rights to D T.J. Fast from Greenville for Cohen - Bakersfield Condors
- Lampe, Lunden Head to AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps - Ontario Reign
- Spencer Bennett, Jesse Dudas Added to Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Get Your Drink on at the SF Bulls Game this Thursday - San Francisco Bulls
- Courtnall and McNeely Called up to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mara Joins Couture in Houston - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Center Ryan Green, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- LoVerde Answers the Monarchs Call - Ontario Reign
- Toledo Adds Three to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Forwards Alex Berry and Matt Pope Loaned by Hershey to Reading - Reading Royals
- Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder Acquires Rights to D Colten Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Receive Forward Phil Mangan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Two Former Broncos - Kalamazoo Wings
- Yogan Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - January 9 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.