Goldeyes Beat Explorers in ExtrasAugust 3, 2012 - American Association (AA) Winnipeg Goldeyes
Winnipeg scored a run in the top of the 10th inning to beat the Explorers 5-4 Friday night in front of 836 fans at Lewis and Clark Park.
The Goldeyes remain three games up on the Kansas City T-Bones and moved four games up on the St. Paul Saints in the race for the American Association's wild card spot.
In the 10th, Chris Roberson led off the inning with a triple and then scored on a single by Yurendell de Caster for the game's winning run.
The Goldeyes had opened up a 4-0 lead by scoring a run in each of the first four innings, including getting solo home runs from Josh Mazzola in the second and fourth innings.
Sioux City wiped away Winnipeg's lead with two runs in the sixth and two more in the seventh to force extra innings.
Roberson and Price Kendall each led Winnipeg with three hits in the game.
Goldeyes starter Todd Privett went six and a third innings, but takes a no decision. Brian Beuning pitched the final three innings for his fifth win out of the bullpen this season.
Jason Jarvis went nine innings for Sioux City and was relieved by Chuck Lukanen for the 10th inning. Lukanen suffered his second loss of the season.
The second game of this three-game series goes Saturday night in Sioux City. Coverage on TSN 1290 with Paul Edmonds will begin at 5:30 p.m. with Around the Association.
American Association Stories from August 3, 2012
- RedHawks rally to top Lincoln - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RedHawks Rally Late to Take Series Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Beat Explorers in Extras - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Anderson Dominant in T-Bones' Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- Lemurs Win First of Four - Laredo Lemurs
- Fronk, Dotel Go Deep In Diablos Series Opening Victory Over Sox - El Paso Diablos
- Saints Derailed by Seven Run Sixth in 8-3 Loss to Gary - St. Paul Saints
- Lemurs Rally Late to Take Series Opener - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Cats Score Seven in Sixth in 8-3 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pheasants and Wichita Suspend Play in Seventh, - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wingnuts and Pheasants Suspended Until Saturday - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox introduce mobile app sponsored by Sport Clips - Amarillo Sox
- RailCats Start Home Stand Friday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pheasants Win in Extras to Take Interleague Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers win 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- Hitting Helps Winnipeg Take Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Hodsdon Silences AirHogs as Diablos Take Rubber Match - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Rohan Unleashed, Sinnery Sharp as 'Dogs Take Rubber Game - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.