Woodchucks Win Final Game of the Season in Green Bay
GREEN BAY, WI - The Wisconsin Woodchucks won their final game of the season. They beat the Booyah in Green Bay by a final score of 7-2.
The scoring started in the 2nd inning. Cameron Swanger grounded a ball to third base, and an error by Jacob Buchberger allowed him to reach second. An error by the pitcher Chris Jefferson put him on third, and Alejandro Gonzalez drove him in shortly after. Three errors were made by the Booyah in the inning, and the Chucks were off to a 1-0 lead.
Green Bay responded in the bottom of the 3rd. The leadoff man Conner Goodman made it to second base on a throwing error on TJ Reeves. He was advanced over to third on a single by Logan Matson, and scored on a single by Matt Korman. This made the score 1-1 going into the 4th.
Things were quiet going into the 6th inning. Leadoff walks to Brandon Seltzer and Kaeber Rog put the first two men on, and a single by Cameron Swanger loaded the bases for Alejandro Gonzalez. Gonzalez singled, bringing in two runs and giving the Woodchucks a 3-1 lead. Payton Nelson was then hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to score another run. With the bases still loaded, Kyle Simmons singled to right field to score two more. The Chucks were up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 6th.
Brandon Seltzer led off the top of the 9th inning with a home run to make the score 7-1.
Austin Syvertson pitched an uneventful final two innings, allowing the Chucks to win the final game of the year by a score of 7-2.
Bobby Vath pitched 7 innings, striking out three and allowing just one run.
Brandon Seltzer scored two runs and added his 7th home run of the year.
Kyle Simmons and Alejandro Gonzalez combined for 5 RBIs and two hits.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks 2019 season is now over. The Woodchucks will not be in the playoffs and will soon be preparing for a successful 2020 season!
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Stingers Fall to Duluth - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies End 2019 Season with Win over Willmar - Duluth Huskies
- Honkers Fall to MoonDogs in Season Finale - Rochester Honkers
- Chinooks Fall to Rafters in Final Game of the Season - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Mallards Set to Meet Rafters in First Round of Playoffs - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Win Second Half, Head to Playoffs - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Wrap up Season with Sunday Win over Honkers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rox Top Border Cats in Slugfest to Finish Schedule - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Woodchucks Win Final Game of the Season in Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Express Beat Bucks in Final Regular Season Game - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Rox 2019 Playoff Picture - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale 8-4 - Madison Mallards
- Kalamazoo Caps off the Regular Season, Trouncing Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Ferguson Plays All Nine, Bucks Fall 11-7 in Finale - Waterloo Bucks
- Tucker Completes Feat as Bombers Drop Final Game - Battle Creek Bombers
- And Now We Wait - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Kingfish Close out Season with Win over Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Playoff Spot at Stake in Final Day of Regular Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Walk off Bismarck in the Bottom of the Ninth - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Close out Regular Season against Dock Spiders - Madison Mallards
- Positives for Border Cats and Rox in Doubleheader Split - Thunder Bay Border Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Woodchucks Stories
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2020 Season Schedule
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Announce Next Phase of Major Renovations to Athletic Park
- Woodchucks Win Final Game of the Season in Green Bay
- Woodchucks Defeat Green Bay and Win Final Home Game of the Season
- Woodchucks Charge Back in Eighth But Fall One Run Shy of Kenosha