Mallards Close out Regular Season against Dock Spiders
MADISON, Wis.- The Madison Mallards (42-29) dropped their last regular season home game to the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (35-35) 13-5. Madison picked up their 29th loss of the summer after the Dock Spiders crawled over the Mallards with their dominant offense and strong arms on the mound.
Today, the Mallards are on the road to Herr Baker field for both the series and regular season finale.
Madison has the chance to split the series with the Dock Spiders, as the Dock Spiders are fighting for a spot in the postseason. If the Dock Spiders walk away with a victory and the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (45-26) with a loss, Fond du Lacs' season will continue.
On the mound for the Mallards is RHP Daniel Bagwell (Queens University of Charlotte). Bagwell is making his third start of the summer. He has pitched through eight innings, earning three strikeouts and allowing two walks. Bagwell holds a 1-0 record and a 3.37 ERA. First pitch is set for 1:05 p.m.
The Mallards' season will continue after today's game, as Madison clinched a playoff spot earlier this summer after winning the first half of the season. An opponent and the team who earns home-field advantage is still to be determined. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
The Madison Mallards are a member of the finest developmental league for elite college baseball players, the Northwoods League. Entering its 26th season, the Northwoods League is the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. A valuable training ground for coaches, umpires and
front office staff, more than 190 former Northwoods League players have advanced to Major League Baseball, including three-time Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer (WAS), two-time World Series Champions Ben Zobrist (CHC) and Brandon Crawford (SFG) and MLB All-Stars Chris Sale (BOS), Jordan Zimmermann (DET) and Curtis Granderson (TOR). All league games are viewable live via the Northwoods League portal. For more information, visit www.mallardsbaseball.com or download the new Northwoods League Mobile App on the Apple App Store or on Google Play and set the Mallards as your favorite team.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Stingers Fall to Duluth - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies End 2019 Season with Win over Willmar - Duluth Huskies
- Honkers Fall to MoonDogs in Season Finale - Rochester Honkers
- Chinooks Fall to Rafters in Final Game of the Season - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Mallards Set to Meet Rafters in First Round of Playoffs - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Win Second Half, Head to Playoffs - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Wrap up Season with Sunday Win over Honkers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rox Top Border Cats in Slugfest to Finish Schedule - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Woodchucks Win Final Game of the Season in Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Express Beat Bucks in Final Regular Season Game - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Rox 2019 Playoff Picture - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale 8-4 - Madison Mallards
- Kalamazoo Caps off the Regular Season, Trouncing Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Ferguson Plays All Nine, Bucks Fall 11-7 in Finale - Waterloo Bucks
- Tucker Completes Feat as Bombers Drop Final Game - Battle Creek Bombers
- And Now We Wait - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Kingfish Close out Season with Win over Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Playoff Spot at Stake in Final Day of Regular Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Walk off Bismarck in the Bottom of the Ninth - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Close out Regular Season against Dock Spiders - Madison Mallards
- Positives for Border Cats and Rox in Doubleheader Split - Thunder Bay Border Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Spooktacular Lineup of Movies Headed to the Haunted Duck Pond Drive-In
- Harry Potter Night Jersey Auction to Benefit the Children's Theater of Madison
- Mallards General Manager Tyler Isham Moving On
- Mallards Offer Exclusive 2020 Bobbleheads with Drive-In Movies
- in Memoriam: Madison Mallards 2020 Season (2020-2020)