Mallards Set to Meet Rafters in First Round of Playoffs
MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards (42-30) will travel to start their first-round playoff matchup with the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (46-26) tomorrow, looking to win their third Northwoods League Championship in franchise history.
After the Rafters ended the regular season in first place in the Great Lakes West Division standings, they claimed home field advantage over second place Mallards. Game one will be played at Witter Field in Wisconsin Rapids tomorrow at 7:05 p.m., followed by game two at the Duck Pond in Madison on Tuesday. If a third game is needed to decide who will move onto the next round, the teams will make their way back to Wisconsin Rapids.
Both teams have become quite familiar with each other already this summer, having battled in six series during the regular season. The overall meeting record is 7-5, in favor of the Rafters. The first meeting ended in sweeps for the Mallards, but Rapids earned two series sweeps against Madison later in the season. The remaining three series ended in splits.
To catch all the action on the road, fans can listen to the game on 96.7 FM 1670 AM The Zone or watch the live stream available online at https://portal.stretchlive.com/nwl. After game one is complete, the teams will play at Warner Park the following day, with first pitch slated for 6:35 p.m.
The Mallards are offering the Wisconsin Special for only $15 for the Tuesday home game, using the code WISCO SPECIAL at checkout. The playoff special includes a grandstand seat, traditional brat, half order of curd, ear of corn, beer or Pepsi product and a Mallards hat. Tickets for The Great Dane Duck Blind are not sold during the postseason.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Stingers Fall to Duluth - Willmar Stingers
- Huskies End 2019 Season with Win over Willmar - Duluth Huskies
- Honkers Fall to MoonDogs in Season Finale - Rochester Honkers
- Chinooks Fall to Rafters in Final Game of the Season - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Mallards Set to Meet Rafters in First Round of Playoffs - Madison Mallards
- Rafters Win Second Half, Head to Playoffs - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Wrap up Season with Sunday Win over Honkers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rox Top Border Cats in Slugfest to Finish Schedule - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Woodchucks Win Final Game of the Season in Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Express Beat Bucks in Final Regular Season Game - Eau Claire Express
- St. Cloud Rox 2019 Playoff Picture - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Drop Regular Season Finale 8-4 - Madison Mallards
- Kalamazoo Caps off the Regular Season, Trouncing Traverse City - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Ferguson Plays All Nine, Bucks Fall 11-7 in Finale - Waterloo Bucks
- Tucker Completes Feat as Bombers Drop Final Game - Battle Creek Bombers
- And Now We Wait - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Kingfish Close out Season with Win over Bombers - Kenosha Kingfish
- Playoff Spot at Stake in Final Day of Regular Season - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Loggers Walk off Bismarck in the Bottom of the Ninth - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Close out Regular Season against Dock Spiders - Madison Mallards
- Positives for Border Cats and Rox in Doubleheader Split - Thunder Bay Border Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Spooktacular Lineup of Movies Headed to the Haunted Duck Pond Drive-In
- Harry Potter Night Jersey Auction to Benefit the Children's Theater of Madison
- Mallards General Manager Tyler Isham Moving On
- Mallards Offer Exclusive 2020 Bobbleheads with Drive-In Movies
- in Memoriam: Madison Mallards 2020 Season (2020-2020)