Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle
Southaven, Miss. - The Iowa Wolves (15-24) tied a season-high in points scored with a 136-116 victory over the Memphis Hustle (20-17) on the road Wednesday evening.
The 20-point victory was the largest margin of victory for Iowa as a visiting team this season.
Darius Johnson-Odom scored a season-high 38 points on 13-of-18 shooting from the floor and a perfect 8-of-8 from the free throw line. The University of Marquette alum also shot 4-of-8 from distance in the win.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin nearly notched a triple-double for the Wolves, finishing with 25 points, a game-high 14 rebounds and a game-high 8 assists. The guard played a season-high 44 minutes for Iowa against his former team.
The Wolves shot 53.2% from the floor and 39.5% from beyond the arc as a team, both above average for the season. Iowa is now 7-1 in games in which it shoots over 50.0% or better from the floor.
Jonathan Stark came off the bench to record 22 points, five rebounds and six assists. The affiliate player has scored 20 or more points in each of his last two games.
Xavier Silas tallied 12 points for Iowa, all coming from three-point baskets. The NBA G League veteran shot 4-of-5 from deep and has made a three-pointer in all six games since returning to play on Feb. 1.
Defensively, Iowa held Memphis to below its season average from the field and three-point line. The Hustle shot just 11-of-38 (28.9%) from deep.
Tyler Harvey finished with a team-high 21 points and six assists for the Hustle. Tarik Phillip recorded his second double-double of the season with a 15-point, 10 rebound performance for Memphis.
The Wolves return to action next Wednesday, Feb. 20, as they host the Texas Legends at Wells Fargo Arena at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Fall to Mad Ants in Close Contest - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Thwart Raptors 905 Comeback Attempt, Win 114-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Top BayHawks in OT Thriller - Maine Red Claws
- Stars Earn Win at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Announces Makeup Date for January 24 Game - Maine Red Claws
- Epps in Beast Mode, Suns Forward Grabs Team-Record 18 Rebounds in Comeback Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island