BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime
ERIE, PA - The Erie BayHawks (17-18), NBA G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, fell to the Maine Red Claws (14-22) 130-128, in overtime tonight.
Atlanta Hawks two-way forward Alex Poythress notched a near triple-double, tallying a career-high 41 points, a career-high tying 18 rebounds, a career-high eight assists, one steal and one block in 40.1 minutes. Terrence Jones finished with his eighth 30+ game of the season, recording 34 points on 15-28 (.535) shooting from the floor, 15 rebounds (seven offensive), three assists, a game-high tying three steals and one block in 33.2 minutes. Jordan Sibert registered his first career double-double tonight, contributing 11 points, a career-high 10 rebounds, six assists and one steal in 37.6 minutes.
Archie Goodwin poured in a team-high 27 points on 12-18 (.667) shooting for the Red Claws, four rebounds and four assists in 28.4 minutes as a reserve. John Bohannon pulled down a team-high 14 rebounds, to go along with five points, six assists, one steal and a team-high two blocks in 27.2 minutes. Andrew White III contributed 22 points on 6-12 (.500) shooting from the floor and five rebounds in 34.5 minutes of play.
The first quarter was evenly matched, as there were four lead changes and three ties. After the opening 12 minutes, Maine held a 30-26 advantage. The Red Claws began the second quarter scoring 13 unanswered points, taking a 43-26 lead with 7:51 left to play in the first half. Heading into the intermission of tonight's contest, Erie found itself in a 16-point, 60-44, hole.
The BayHawks outscored Maine 36-27 in the third frame. After three quarters of play, the Red Claws held an 87-80 lead. Erie cut Maine's lead to one, 119-118, at the 2:07 mark of the fourth quarter. Jaylen Morris tied the game at 122 with 47.4 seconds left off of a slam dunk, which is where the score would stay until the end of regulation.
The Red Claws outscored Erie 8-6 in overtime, on their way to a 130-128 victory.
Erie will head to Grand Rapids for a contest against the Drive on Wednesday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. The BayHawks will be back at the friendly confines of Erie Insurance Arena for back-to-back matches beginning on Friday, Feb. 22 against the Canton Charge. Tickets can be found online at eriebayhawks.com or at the Erie Insurance Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Fall to Mad Ants in Close Contest - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Thwart Raptors 905 Comeback Attempt, Win 114-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Top BayHawks in OT Thriller - Maine Red Claws
- Stars Earn Win at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Announces Makeup Date for January 24 Game - Maine Red Claws
- Epps in Beast Mode, Suns Forward Grabs Team-Record 18 Rebounds in Comeback Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.