Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (21-15), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, fell short the Salt Lake City Stars (19-18) the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz 126-118 today in front of a sell-out crowd. The Stockton Kings hosted over 4,000 local students for Education and Youth Mental Health Awareness Day at the Stockton Arena.
In the first quarter Stockton's forward Troy Williams scored 11 of his 23 points along with four rebounds. Both teams were in a scoring battle, the first half ended with Salt Lake leading by five points 60-55. In the first half, Stockton's center Wenyen Gabriel posted 14 points and seven rebounds. Salt Lake City guard Naz Mitrou-Long scored 12 points and four rebounds. Salt Lake saw their biggest lead of the game at the six-minute mark in the fourth quarter. Stockton struggled to come back but were able to cut the lead down to six points with .35 seconds remaining in regulation.
Six of Stockton's seven active players scored double figures. Stockton guard Cody Demps led with a double-double with 24 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Williams posted 23 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
Salt Lake City forward Tyler Cavanaugh dominated the game with 31 points, and eleven rebounds, while guard Jarius Lyles posted 27 points, six assists and three rebounds for the Stars.
The Stockton Kings will continue their home stretch after returning from NBA All-Star break. They will host the Santa Cruz Warriors on Wednesday, February 20 at 7 p.m. at the Stockton Arena. This game can be viewed via ESPN+. Stockton will play back to back home games on Friday, February 22 against the Oklahoma City Blue and Saturday, February 23 against the Northern Arizona Suns. Both games tip-off at 7 p.m. and can be viewed via Facebook Live. Tickets for these games can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Fall to Mad Ants in Close Contest - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Thwart Raptors 905 Comeback Attempt, Win 114-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Top BayHawks in OT Thriller - Maine Red Claws
- Stars Earn Win at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Announces Makeup Date for January 24 Game - Maine Red Claws
- Epps in Beast Mode, Suns Forward Grabs Team-Record 18 Rebounds in Comeback Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118
- Stockton Kings Slide Past Lakeland Magic, 101-99
- Stockton Kings Take Down Warriors in Thrilling Home Win, 105-104
- Stockton Kings Defeat Iowa Wolves in Overtime Nail Biter, 120-117
- Stockton Kings Add Tyrell Corbin to Roster