Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland
Lakeland, Fla. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants (19-17) defeated the Lakeland Magic, 127-123, at the RP Funding Center on Wednesday night.
Rob Gray finished with the third most points scored in a single game in franchise history with 46 points on 12-of-24 shooting and an 18-of-19 clip from the free throw line. Only Tony Mitchell's 49- and 47-point performances during the 2012-13 season are the most points scored by a Mad Ants player in a single game.
Gray scored 17 in the final quarter to help Fort Wayne rally against Lakeland (24-13), who entered Wednesday night with the best record in the eastern conference.
Fort Wayne held a lead as large as eight throughout the night in a game that featured 11 lead changes and 15 ties.
Indiana Pacers assignee Alize Johnson finished with 23 points and 18 rebounds for his 20th double-double of the season.
Ike Nwamu added a new season-high 18 points in his first start as a Mad Ant. Stephan Hicks contributed 16 points and two steals to help Fort Wayne avenge a Jan. 19 loss earlier in the season to the Magic.
Amile Jefferson led Lakeland with 25 points and nine rebounds, while Troy Caupain pitched in 22 points, nine rebounds and six rebounds for the Magic.
Both teams return from NBA All-Star weekend on Feb. 20 as the Mad Ants head out to take on Delaware, while Lakeland will host Capital City.
The Mad Ants return home on Friday, Feb. 23 to take on Canton. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Fall to Mad Ants in Close Contest - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Thwart Raptors 905 Comeback Attempt, Win 114-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Top BayHawks in OT Thriller - Maine Red Claws
- Stars Earn Win at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Announces Makeup Date for January 24 Game - Maine Red Claws
- Epps in Beast Mode, Suns Forward Grabs Team-Record 18 Rebounds in Comeback Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.