Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (15-20), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Capital City Go-Go (20-16), 117-115, on Wednesday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Chris Chiozza's mid-range jump shot with 2.9 seconds left proved to be the game-winner and snapped a three-game winning streak for the Blue Coats.
Rashad Vaughn topped the list of five Blue Coats in double figures with 22 points (8-17 fg, 2-9 3fg, 4-4 ft), adding a season-high nine assists in 36 minutes. Matt Farrell scored 18 of his 21 points (7-12 fg, 5-8 3fg, 2-2 ft) in the second half. Farrell also dished out five assists in 23 minutes off the bench. Jared Brownridge poured in 19 points (7-18 fg, 5-12 3fg) in 36 minutes, while D.J. Hogg totaled 18 points (5-13 fg, 5-11 3fg, 3-3 ft) and six rebounds in 33 minutes.
Norvel Pelle neared his second straight double-double for the Blue Coats with 16 points (6-7 fg, 4-5 ft) and nine rebounds in 29 minutes. Pelle blocked a season-high six shots, while 76ers assignment player Justin Patton posted five blocks to go along with his seven points (3-7 fg, 0-1 3fg, 1-2 ft) and 12 rebounds in 16 minutes off the bench.
The 12 blocked shots as a team tied a season-high (set on Nov. 3 against the Raptors 905) for the Blue Coats, who led 62-58 at halftime and took a 94-93 lead into the final quarter.
The team now heads into the NBA All-Star break before continuing its six-game home stand on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
"I think we had a nice little run here before the break," said head coach Connor Johnson. "It's disappointing not to get this one, but hopefully the break can be a good time for our guys to recharge, get off their feet and rest, and come back ready to work. The season doesn't end for us. Every day we want them to get better and develop, and that will continue to be a point of emphasis moving forward."
Darel Poirier paced Capital City with a career-high 27 points (12-18 fg, 2-4 3fg, 1-1 ft) in 28 minutes. Chiozza finished with 20 points (8-14 fg, 4-7 3fg, 0-1 ft), nine rebounds and five assists in 31 minutes, while Kellen Dunham added 17 points (6-10 fg, 3-6 3fg, 2-2 ft) in 23 minutes.
Wednesday's game between the Blue Coats and the Fort Wayne Mad Ants tips off at 7:00 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit SIXERS.COM/BlueCoats.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Fall to Mad Ants in Close Contest - Lakeland Magic
- Second Half Woes Snap Hustle Winning Streak - Memphis Hustle
- South Bay Drops Road Game in Texas - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats' Streak Snapped As Go-Go Escape With Win - Delaware Blue Coats
- BayHawks Fall to Red Claws in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Gray's 46 Points Lead Fort Wayne Past Magic in Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Thwart Raptors 905 Comeback Attempt, Win 114-111 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Red Claws Top BayHawks in OT Thriller - Maine Red Claws
- Stars Earn Win at Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Salt Lake City Stars, 126-118 - Stockton Kings
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Laquinton Ross - Memphis Hustle
- NBA G League Announces Makeup Date for January 24 Game - Maine Red Claws
- Epps in Beast Mode, Suns Forward Grabs Team-Record 18 Rebounds in Comeback Win - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Issue Statements from Matt Lilly and Elton Brand
- Delaware Blue Coats' Norvel Pelle Named to 2018-19 NBA G League All-Defensive Team
- Blue Coats Pinch Red Claws in Final Game of Season
- Blue Coats Drop High Scoring Contest to Nets
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Pro Wrestling Extravaganza in Season's Final Home Stand