Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2020 Season Schedule
Wausau, WI - The Northwoods League released its complete schedule today for the 2020 season. The schedule features 22 teams, each playing 72 regular season games.
"There are so many components that go into delivering an exciting and entertaining Northwoods League baseball season, and a key one is the creation of the League's game schedule," said Northwoods League President and Commissioner Gary Hoover. "Once it is created you can't help but to start counting the days until baseball season starts again."
The Northwoods League, the largest organized baseball league in the world with 22 teams, will begin summer collegiate baseball's most extensive schedule on Tuesday, May 26.
The League, which plays two halves to determine playoff participants, will end the first half of play on June 30 with the second half beginning the following day. The League will continue with last year's same playoff format. First and second half sub-divisional winners in the Great Lakes and Great Plains division will be eligible for the playoffs. In the event the second half sub-divisional winner also won the first half, the team in the sub-division with the highest overall winning percentage will also make the playoffs. The two playoff eligible teams in each sub-division will compete in a best of three Sub-Divisional Series. The two Sub-Divisional Series winners will then play a one-game Divisional Championship Game. Then the two Divisional Game winners will play a one-game League Championship.
The Major League Dreams Showcase will take place for its eighth year on August 4, 2020. The Northwoods League All-star Game will take place on July 21. The locations of the Major League Dreams Showcase and the All-Star Game will be announced at a later date.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks will open their 27th season at Athletic Park with a six game homestand starting on Saturday, May 30th against the Battle Creek Bombers. The Woodchucks have a 72 game schedule with 36 home games, spread out evenly throughout the summer months. The Woodchucks will end of the season with a five game homestand from Wednesday, August 5 through Sunday, August 9. Find the full schedule on woodchucks.com.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks are excited to offer many great ticket options for our fans once again for the 2020 season. The Kwik Trip 5-Game Packs will be available again this year, as well as Season Tickets, Half Season Tickets, Flex Plans and options for groups. Ticket packages will be going on sale in the coming weeks. For more information, call the Woodchucks Ticket Sales team at 715.845.5055 or stop by the Woodchucks Front Office at 2401 N. 3rd St, Wausau, WI 54403. Single game tickets will go on sale in April of 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from November 19, 2019
- 2020 Stingers Schedule Announced - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Schedule: Mallards Launching 20 Summers of Wiener Campaign Commemorating 20th Season in Madison - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Release 2020 Schedule with New Start Times to Accommodate Fans - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Schedule - Northwoods
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2020 Season Schedule - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rochester Honkers Announce 2020 Schedule - Rochester Honkers
- Bucks Announce 2020 Schedule - Waterloo Bucks
- Dock Spiders Announce 2020 Schedule - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- La Crosse Loggers Announce 2020 Schedule - La Crosse Loggers
- 2020 Northwoods League Schedule Released - Mankato MoonDogs
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Eau Claire Express
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule - Green Bay Booyah
- Internships Available - Bismarck Larks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.