Rafters Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Northwoods League released its complete schedule today for the upcoming 2020 season. Each of the 22 Northwoods League teams will play 72 regular season games from the end of May through the middle of August. The Rafters currently reside in the Great Lakes Division alongside rival teams from Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Lakeshore, Madison, and Wausau. These six teams, including Wisconsin Rapids, make up the Great Lakes West. Throughout the season, the Rafters will also be playing Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Kenosha, and Traverse City, who are all from the Great Lakes East.
The Northwoods League All-Star break will take place from July 20-22. The Major League Dreams Showcase features the top 100 prospects chosen by a panel of major league scouts. The MLDS will be held on August 4th. The locations of the All-Star game and MLDS will be announced at a later date. This year Northwoods League Playoffs will begin on August 10th. Playoff participants will be determined by which team wins the first half of league play (May 26-June 30) and which team wins the second half (July 1-August 9).
The Rafters 2020 schedule includes the following:
- Witter Field's Opening Day will take place on Wednesday, May 27th at 6:05pm against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders. The Rafters will open their season in Fond du Lac on Tuesday, May 26th.
- The final game of the Rafters regular season will be at home on Sunday, August 9th at 1:05pm against the Madison Mallards
- The home game schedule is even across the board with seven games on Sundays, five games on Mondays, five games on Tuesdays (including one doubleheader), five games on Wednesdays, five games on Thursdays, five games on Fridays, and four games on Saturdays.
- There are a couple long homestands that you won't want to miss, including seven games in six days from June 13-18 and five games straight from July 6-10.
- A doubleheader will be played at Witter Field against the Kalamazoo Growlers on Tuesday, June 16th. Game times will be at 11:35am and 6:35pm.
Rafters 9-Game Ticket Packages are on sale now! For more information on ticket options visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit Historic Witter Field. The Rafthouse is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from November 19, 2019
- 2020 Stingers Schedule Announced - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Schedule: Mallards Launching 20 Summers of Wiener Campaign Commemorating 20th Season in Madison - Madison Mallards
- Growlers Release 2020 Schedule with New Start Times to Accommodate Fans - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2020 Season - St. Cloud Rox
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Schedule - Northwoods
- Wisconsin Woodchucks Release 2020 Season Schedule - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rochester Honkers Announce 2020 Schedule - Rochester Honkers
- Bucks Announce 2020 Schedule - Waterloo Bucks
- Dock Spiders Announce 2020 Schedule - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- La Crosse Loggers Announce 2020 Schedule - La Crosse Loggers
- 2020 Northwoods League Schedule Released - Mankato MoonDogs
- Northwoods League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Eau Claire Express
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule - Green Bay Booyah
- Internships Available - Bismarck Larks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.