Windsor, Solar Bears blank Everblades in 3-0 win
ORLANDO, Fla. - Luke McInnis' first professional goal was the eventual game-winner and Clint Windsor made 29 saves for his first shutout of the season as the Orlando Solar Bears (14-10-3-0) blanked the Florida Everblades (21-6-0-2) by a 3-0 score on Friday night at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.
View tonight's box score
McInnis opened the scoring when he made his way through the right circle and cut to the front of the net before sliding the puck through pads of Jake Hildebrand for his first of the season - and first pro goal - at 7:05 of the first period.
Mark Auk then made it 2-0 at 9:43 when he hammered the puck past Hildebrand for his third of the season.
Jerry D'Amigo added an empty-net goal for his fifth of the season at 18:56 to seal the game.
Windsor made 29 saves, including 12 in the third period, as he picked up his sixth win of the season; Hildebrand went 39-for-41 in the loss for Florida.
1) Clint Windsor - ORL
2) Mark Auk - ORL
3) Luke McInnis - ORL
Aaron Luchuk and Jake Coughler assisted on Auk's goal, extending Luchuk's point streak to nine games (3g-7a) and Coughler's to six (7g-4a)
Auk assisted on McInnis' goal, giving him his fifth multi-point game of the season to tie Coughler for the team lead
Orlando is 14-1-1-0 when scoring three or more goals and 10-0-0-0 when leading after the second period
Windsor's shutout was the fifth of his Solar Bears career, giving him exclusive possession of second on the franchise leaderboard after sharing the spot with Zachary Fucale and Ryan Massa
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears are back on home ice to host the first game of Kids Weekend, presented by First Watch, when they take on the Florida Everblades at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center on Saturday, March 6 at 7 p.m. The Solar Bears will wear specialty Marvel Hulk jerseys during the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 5, 2021
- Weninger Blanks Grizzlies, 3-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Rabbits Run Wild on the Rush 8-5 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wichita Shuts out Utah 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Strike Fast, But Not Enough in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Windsor, Solar Bears blank Everblades in 3-0 win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Shepard Returns with 40 Saves, Holds off Icemen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Win Thriller in Indy, Beat Fuel 5-4 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bears Blank Blades - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Wichita, March 5, 2021 - Utah Grizzlies
- Josh Dickinson Reassigned to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavs Weekend Preview March 5-7 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - March 5 - ECHL
- Latest WooSox Merch Available at Railers HC Team Store - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Rush, 9:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Icemen, March 5 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Announce 50% Capacity for Games at North Charleston Coliseum - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Set to Kick off Three Straight on the Road - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Luchuk's late goal saves point for Solar Bears in 4-3 OT loss to Icemen
- Luchuk, LeBlanc lift Solar Bears past Stingrays in wild 7-6 finish
- Clint Windsor Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update
- Ingham makes 44 saves to snap Solar Bears win streak in 5-0 loss