Warriors Take Revenge on Texas
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (6-7) dropped the second match of a double-header to Santa Cruz (9-2) 89-121 a day after handing the Warriors their first home loss of the season.
The two teams kept it close in the first, exchanging leads three times and holding even once. The largest margin came when Santa Cruz went up by seven, but Texas used the final minute to put up five unanswered points heading into the second. Two minutes into the second, Texas tied it up again, but the Warriors responded with 11 straight and used a 40-20 quarter to build what would be an unreachable advantage on the visitors.
Kostas Antetokounmpo led the Legends with 14 points, 6 rebounds while Daryl Macon added 13 points, 6 assists. Xavier Johnson added 11 points and a team-high 7 rebounds off the bench.
Santa Cruz had seven players finish in double-digits led by Kendrick Nunn off the bench with 21 points. Trayvon Palmer (17 points, 10 rebounds), Marcus Derrickson (13 points, 12 rebounds), and Deyonta Davis (10 points, 10 rebounds) all finished with double-doubles alongside Will Cherry who neared a triple-double with 10 points, 9 rebounds, and 10 assists.
Texas returns home after the four-game California trip to host the Salt Lake City Stars at 7pm CT Wednesday, Dec. 5th. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Texas Legends Receive 2018-19 NBA G League Awards for Franchise of the Year and Executive of the Year
- Legends Announce Launch of "Pursuing Excellence" Series
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers