Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (5-6) were defeated by the Oklahoma City Blue (9-2), 122-105, in the finale of a three-game road trip on Sunday afternoon.
Two-way player Johnathan Motley, with 25 points and 12 rebounds, along with forward Anthony Bennett, who recorded 28 points and 10 rebounds, each posted double-doubles for the Clippers, but it would not be enough as Agua Caliente could not hold off a huge run by the Blue.
After trailing by one at the end of the first frame, the Blue retook the lead for good at the 9:28 mark in the second quarter and finished the half with a 13 point advantage. Oklahoma City then came out of the locker room hot, going on a huge 33-12 run to increase their lead to 32, and shooting 65 percent from the field in the quarter.
The Blue were lead by Forward Abdel Nader, who scored a game-high 31 points, adding five rebounds and three assists.
The Clippers made an attempt to come back in the fourth quarter. Behind forward Desi Rodriguez's 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting in the final frame, the Clippers outscored Oklahoma City 33-23 in the quarter, but the deficit was too large to overcome.
Rodriguez finished with 15 points and 7 rebounds for the Agua Caliente off the bench as the team finished the road trip with one win and two losses.
The Clippers return home on Wednesday to face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in a single-game homestand. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. (PST) inside the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, CA.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends
- Clippers Close in on Final Playoff Spot with Win over Lakers
- Clippers Streak Ends, Drop Crucial Game to Memphis
- Clippers Inch Closer to Playoffs, Take Down Legends