San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled forward Chimezie Metu from the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.
Metu tallied 8 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 assist in 30 minutes to help Austin defeat the Salt Lake City Stars by a final score of 113-104 last night. In two appearances with Austin, Metu is averaging 15.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.50 blocks in 33.4 minutes.
The first-year forward is averaging 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds in 6.0 minutes over 12 games this season with San Antonio.
Metu will be available for the Spurs when they host the Portland Trail Blazers tonight at 6 p.m. at the AT&T Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.