Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (7-3), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, took their first home loss of the season in a 130-124 game against the Lakeland Magic (5-6) on Sunday at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Long Island guard Jordan McLaughlin scored a career-high 29 points to lead all scorers, along with two rebounds, five assists and three steals. Brooklyn two-way forward/center Alan Williams registered his seventh double-double in eight games played with 10 points and 14 rebounds to go along with one assist and one steal.
The first quarter was back and forth with five lead changes ultimately ending in a two-point lead for the Nets.
After five lead changes again in the second quarter, Lakeland would take a six-point lead at halftime by a score of 57-51.
Lakeland added to their lead in the third behind a 38-point quarter, ending the period with a commanding 95-81 lead. The Nets battled back in the fourth, cutting the lead to as little as four, but the comeback fell just short and Lakeland would win by a final score of 130-124.
Lakeland was led by two-way guard Troy Caupain, who scored 28 points to go with nine rebounds, seven assists and three steals. Orlando two-way forward/center Amile Jefferson registered a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds along with four assists, a steal and a block.
The Nets will host Wisconsin on Tuesday, 12/4, at 11 a.m. ET, while Lakeland returns home to face off against Grand Rapids on Friday, 12/7, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4