Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (5-5), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings fell short to Sioux Falls Skyforce (10-2), NBA G League affiliate of the Miami Heat, 113-108 on Sunday afternoon. Skyforce Forward Yante Maten could not be stopped, with a game-high of 42 points.
Stockton made 8 three pointers in the first quarter, shooting 61.5% from three-point range. Forward Matt Jones went 3 for 3, and Guard Cody Demps shot 3 for 4 from beyond the arc. In the second quarter Maten scored 17 of his 42 points. Skyforce shot 57% from the field to outscore the Kings in the third quarter, giving them their biggest lead of 16 points with 46 seconds remaining in the quarter. Kings Guard Kalin Lucas led both teams in scoring in the fourth quarter with 10 points to cut the lead short, but it was not enough to get the win.
Stockton saw five players in double figures. Forward Matt Jones led the team with 28 points and seven rebounds in 43 minutes played. Lucas came off the bench to score 26 points to go along with five rebounds and four assists.
Sioux Falls also had five players in double figures. Maten dominated with 42 points, 14 rebounds, and five blocked shots. Guard Rodney Purvis contributed to the Skyforce win with 15 points and three rebounds.
Stockton will face the Northern Arizona Suns next at Prescott Valley Event Center next, on Saturday December 8 at 6 p.m. They will return home on Monday December 10 to play the Erie Bayhawks at 7 p.m. at the Stockton Arena. Both games can be viewed via Facebook Live. Tickets can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Season Update
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season