Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (4-7) came back from a seven-point deficit with 4:08 remaining in the fourth quarter to defeat the Memphis Hustle (5-6) 114-109 Sunday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
Minnesota Timberwolves two-way player Keita Bates-Diop recorded a season-high 27 points in the win while shooting 10-of-16 from the floor. The forward contributed in all facets, recording eight rebounds, two assists, two steals and three blocked shots.
Six players tallied ten or more points for the Wolves in just the team's second win at home this season.
Iowa earned the win despite being outshot by the Memphis Hustle in field goal percentage (48.7%, 45.3%) and three-point field goal percentage (43.5%, 26.9%).
Diamond Stone earned his first start with the Wolves and did not disappoint, finishing with 18 points and 13 rebounds for his first double-double of the season.
Canyon Barry led the second unit for Iowa, putting up 13 points in the win.
As a team, Iowa pulled down a season-high 49 team rebounds and tied a season-low in turnovers committed (7).
Tyler Harvey did his part for the Hustle, collecting a season-high 27 points while adding five rebounds, six assists and two blocked shots.
Iowa hits the road for a two-game trip beginning Wednesday, Dec. 5 against the Raptors 905 at 10:00 a.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Timberwolves Sign Tyler Cook
- Timberwolves Sign Ashton Hagans to Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play