Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves
Des Moines, Iowa - The Memphis Hustle lost to the Iowa Wolves 114-109 Sunday night at Wells Fargo Arena. After pulling ahead by seven points and leading for the majority of the second half, Iowa closed the final 3:36 of the game on a 15-3 run.
Tyler Harvey (27 points) fell two points shy of a career-high while shooting 10-of-19 (6-11 3P) and recording six assists and five rebounds. Dusty Hannahs (21 points) had his second straight 20-point performance and fifth straight in double digits. Two-way player Yuta Watanabe (11 points, 11 rebounds) posted his first career double-double. Kyle Casey (13 points), Doral Moore (12 points) and Tarik Phillip (11 points) also scored in double figures.
Timberwolves assignee Keita Bates-Diop led Iowa with 27 points on 10-of-16 shooting. Diamond Stone (18 points, 13 rebounds recorded a double-double. C.J. Williams added 14 points. Canyon Barry (13 points), Munford native Jonathan Stark (11 points) and Darius Johnson-Odom (10 points) also reached double digits.
The first quarter saw the sides trade leads 10 times before the Wolves closed the quarter on a 14-6 run to gain a 31-24 lead. Iowa would sustain the lead for most of the second quarter until the Hustle went on a 9-0 run over span of 1:50 to take a 46-44 lead with 3:38 to go. The teams entered the break deadlocked at 52-52.
Memphis entered the final frame with a five-point (84-79) lead courtesy of a third quarter that saw the Hustle shoot 11-of-17 (.647) overall while knocking down 5-of-6 three-point attempts. In the fourth, the Hustle were bolstered by a couple of traditional three-point plays by Casey. After the Wolves went on the initial 10-0 stretch of their late game run, Markel Crawford converted an and-one of his own to tie the game before Iowa sealed its win.
The Hustle return to Landers Center on Tuesday, December 4 at 7 p.m. against the Grand Rapids Drive for Hustle and Hounds Night. All dogs (maximum of two per group) will receive free admission. Tickets are still available starting at $10 and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Iowa Sneaks Past Memphis for Bounce Back Win - Iowa Wolves
- Hustle Succumb to Late Run by Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Stockton Kings Fall Short to Sioux Skyforce, 113-108 - Stockton Kings
- Maten's 42 Points Lifts Skyforce over Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Drops First Home Game of Season to Lakeland - Long Island Nets
- Dominant Third Quarter Sends Blue over Clippers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Double Doubles from Bennett and Motley Not Enough as Clippers Fall to Blue - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Drop Third Straight, Fall to 905 - Grand Rapids Drive
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Demarcus Holland - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire First Round Pick from Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Take Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Uses Huge Second Quarter Run to Beat the Texas Legends 121-89 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Drop Regular Season Finale at Landers Center
- Playoff Bound Memphis Hustle to Host Final Regular Season Game this Friday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Inside Landers Center
- Hustle Clinch First Playoff Berth Following Massive Comeback
- Hustle Win Fourth Straight Game to Bolster Playoff Chances
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win