Warren Named EL Pitcher of the Week
(Trenton, NJ) - The Trenton Thunder announced today that RHP Adam Warren has been named the Eastern League Pitcher of the Week for the week ending August 22nd.
The 6'1", 200 lb. right-hander started one game for the Thunder last week and posted a record of 1-0 with 15 strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA. Warren, who is a native of New Bern, North Carolina, made his lone appearance of the week on Wednesday night against the visiting Bowie Baysox and threw seven shutout innings to help lead the Thunder to a 3-0 victory. He allowed only two hits and walked one batter while striking out a franchise-record 15 batters, topping the previous franchise record of 14 strikeouts, which was set by Shannon Withem on August 14, 1994. Warren, who celebrates his 23rd birthday this Wednesday, has put together a record of 4-2 with 44 strikeouts and 3.29 ERA since joining the Thunder on July 16th. Prior to receiving his promotion to Trenton, Adam posted a record of 7-5 with a 2.22 ERA and 67 strikeouts in 15 appearances with the Tampa Yankees of the Class-A Florida State League. Adam was selected by the New York Yankees in the fourth round of the 2009 draft after going 32-4 with a 3.42 ERA and 240 strikeouts in 65 career appearances at the University of North Carolina.
This is the fourth week this season that a Thunder player has earned a weekly honor, following IF Brandon Laird being named EL Player of the Week for the week ending May 30th, RHP Hector Noesi being named the EL Pitcher of the Week for the week ending June 6th and RHP Lance Pendleton earning EL Pitcher of the Week for the week ending July 25th.
Laird was also named the EL Player of the Month for May.
Joining Warren in the weekly EL honors is Reading Phillies first baseman/third baseman Tagg Bozied who hit .455 (10-for-22) with three doubles, four home runs, 11 RBI, seven runs scored and a 1.136 slugging percentage in six games with the R-Phils last week.
The Thunder begin a three game homestand against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tonight at 7:05pm. Tickets are available at 609-394-3300 or online at trentonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 23, 2010
- Aeros Drop First 7-2 Before Rains Halt Second - Akron RubberDucks
- Squirrels Sqaunder Comeback in 10 Innings, 6-4 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Spears, Rizzo set marks in rout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Bite Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Shut Down by Drabek, Fisher Cats - Trenton Thunder
- Spears, Sea Dogs Blast Senators, 10-5 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Locke, Curve Keep on Rolling with Win Over 'Wolves - Altoona Curve
- Fisher Cats Gain Ground on Trenton as Drabek Wins 14th - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators Announce Playoff Tickets on Sale - Harrisburg Senators
- Douglas and Carrithers Each Have Three Hits But 'Wolves Fall 5-1 - Erie SeaWolves
- Anthony Rizzo Sets Franchise Record for RBI in One Month - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets, Rock Cats Postponed Due to Rain - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Top Prospects Promoted - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve...Game One of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Reading Phillies Announce Plans for Thrilling Tuesday, August 31 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Senators and Nationals Announce Extension to Player Development Agreement - Harrisburg Senators
- Jerad Head Wins Aeros Player of the Week Award - Akron RubberDucks
- INF Juan Ciriaco Activated from DL - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Rock Cats Have Two Transactions Today - New Britain Rock Cats
- Rock Cats & Local Friendly's Restaurants Teaming Up For Kids & Charity Tomorrow - New Britain Rock Cats
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Bozied Named E.L. Player of the Week - Reading Fightin Phils
- Warren Named EL Pitcher of the Week - Trenton Thunder
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- 2019 Season to Feature 22 Fireworks Shows at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Thunder GM/COO Jeff Hurley Named Eastern League Executive of the Year
- River Fest to Feature Fall Draft Selections and Special Food Items
- Trenton Thunder to participate in 2019 "Copa de la Diverson"
- Season Ends with Sweep at Hands of Fisher Cats