Vipers Acquire Jabari Brown
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced Saturday that they have acquired guard Jabari Brown and have waived forward Roger Moute a Bidias.
Brown (6-4, 215 lbs.) appeared in the 2018 NBA Summer League for the Golden State Warriors. He appeared in four games, starting in two, where he averaged 7.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists and steals in 18.4 minutes of action.
Prior to Golden State, Brown appeared in the 2017 and 2016 NBA Summer League for Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers, Brown averaged 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.0 steals in 30.5 minutes of play; his highest during Summer League.
In the 2017-18 season, Brown started in eight games for Santa Cruz Warriors, NBA G League affiliate of the Golden State Warriors. He averaged 17.8 points, 2.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists and shot 43.8 percent from the field. During the 2016-17 G League season, Brown averaged 22.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists and shot 54.0 percent from beyond the arc in 27.0 minutes of play.
Initially, Brown went undrafted in the 2014 NBA Draft but then signed with South Bay Lakers, G League affiliate of the Los Angeles Lakers. He appeared in 39 games, starting in 25, where he averaged 24.4 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.0 steals in 34.9 minutes in the 2014-15 season before being called up by the Lakers.
Brown made 19 appearances, five starts, with LA and averaged 11.9 points, 1.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 29.9 minutes in the 2014-15 NBA season. He also shot 41.2 percent from the field. During the 2015-16 season, Brown appeared in eight matchups for South Bay averaging 16.8 points, 2.5 rebounds in 27.4 minutes of action.
In his second season as a junior with Missouri, Brown started in all 35 matchups averaging 19.9 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1.9 assists and shot 46.7 percent from the field and 41.0 percent from beyond the arc. As a sophomore in 2012-13, Brown in 32.7 minutes of action averaged 13.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists in a total of 25 appearances.
The Vipers will host South Bay Lakers tonight at 7:30 p.m. CT. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 30, 2019
- Hustle Stay Undefeated with Win over Oklahoma City - Memphis Hustle
- Season Highs Lead Vipers to Victory over South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Bid Falls Short in Loss to Vipers - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bested by Undefeated Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Martin's Hot Second Half Gives Skyforce 129-94 Victory over Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Fall in First OT Appearance to Grand Rapids - Texas Legends
- Phoenix Suns Recall Ty Jerome from Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- NAZ Suns Fall Again to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Bone Shines in Overtime Thriller - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Bounce Back in College Park - Canton Charge
- Kings Reassign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Acquire Jabari Brown - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pacers Assign Victor Oladipo and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate Month of November to Fighting Hunger Across Polk County - Lakeland Magic
- Stockton Kings Beat Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109, Continue Home Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Fall to Kings in Nail-Biter - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeated by Iowa Wolves 123-109 on Black Friday - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Ride Red Hot Start to Victory over Warriors - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.