Blue Bested by Undefeated Hustle
SOUTHAVEN, Miss. - The Oklahoma City Blue (3-4) fell to the Memphis Hustle (8-0), 133-113, on Saturday night.
Two-way player Luguentz Dort led Oklahoma City with 26 points and seven rebounds. Sedrick Barefield was close behind, coming off the bench to register a career-high 25 points, four rebounds, three assists and a career-best two blocks while draining six shots from beyond the arc.
The Hustle controlled the game from the jump, getting out to an 11-0 lead in the first two minutes of play and never relinquishing the advantage. The Blue generated an 11-4 run sparked by three straight three-point shots from Barefield to narrow the gap to four at 24-20 midway through the frame but ended the quarter down 41-28 after a Jarrod Uthoff three at the buzzer.
Memphis once again distanced themselves in the second frame, going up by 21 points with two minutes left until the break before Oklahoma City ended the half with six unanswered points to make it 74-59. The teams exchanged buckets in the third, but the Blue started the fourth with a 9-0 run to bring the score to 105-92 early in the final frame.
A three-point jumper from Abdul Gaddy with 5:19 to play made it a 10-point game, but the Blue would get no closer. Uthoff responded by draining one of Memphis' 20 long-range makes to kick off a 13-0 stretch from the Hustle to put the game out of reach.
On assignment from the Thunder, Justin Patton went 4-for-5 from the floor en route to eight points and five rebounds. DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell finished just one board shy of a double-double with 18 points and nine rebounds.
Memphis was led by Dusty Hannahs who recorded 32 points by shooting 11-of-19 from the field and 9-of-14 from deep.
Up next, the Blue travels to Iowa for a matchup against the Wolves on Monday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. inside Wells Fargo Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 30, 2019
- Hustle Stay Undefeated with Win over Oklahoma City - Memphis Hustle
- Season Highs Lead Vipers to Victory over South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Bid Falls Short in Loss to Vipers - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bested by Undefeated Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Martin's Hot Second Half Gives Skyforce 129-94 Victory over Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Fall in First OT Appearance to Grand Rapids - Texas Legends
- Phoenix Suns Recall Ty Jerome from Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- NAZ Suns Fall Again to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Bone Shines in Overtime Thriller - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Bounce Back in College Park - Canton Charge
- Kings Reassign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Acquire Jabari Brown - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pacers Assign Victor Oladipo and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate Month of November to Fighting Hunger Across Polk County - Lakeland Magic
- Stockton Kings Beat Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109, Continue Home Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Fall to Kings in Nail-Biter - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeated by Iowa Wolves 123-109 on Black Friday - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Ride Red Hot Start to Victory over Warriors - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.