Bone Shines in Overtime Thriller
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - Drive fans were served a post-Thanksgiving treat on Saturday night as the home team took down the visiting Legends in OT on Saturday night. Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone was the runaway star for Grand Rapids, finishing with 34 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and going 4-7 from the 3-point line. The win moved the Drive to a record of 8-3.
Grand Rapids came out sluggish to start, scoring just 12 points in the first quarter. The Drive made a steady comeback late in the third, thanks in part to a 14-0 run. Grand Rapids found themselves trailing by as many as 13 in the fourth quarter before Bone flipped a switch offensively. With just 0.1 seconds remaining in regulation, Bone converted a fade away 3-pointer to tie the game at 89 all going into the 2-minute overtime. The Drive sealed the deal in overtime with their tenacious offense, by shooting 2-2 from the three and out-rebounding the Legends 5-1, leading to a well-earned 98-93 victory for Grand Rapids to end the first month of the G League season.
Drive big man Donta Hall earned his third-straight double-double with a solid 16 points, 15 rebounds, 3 steals & 3 blocks. Dakarai Allen, getting the start in place of Louis King who did not dress for the Drive, finished just short of a double-double, going for 11 points, 9 rebounds and 3 steals. Pistons rookie Sekou Doumbouya added 8 points and 13 rebounds. Pe'Shon Howard contributed 12 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists off the bench.
The Legends maintained their intensity throughout the game. Mavericks two-way player Josh Reaves was the star for the visiting Legends, earning a double-double with 20 points, 11 rebounds and 2 steals. Nate Mason followed up with 17 points, 6 assists and 3 steals. Other Texas players in double figures include Mavericks two-way player Antonius Cleveland (13 points & 5 rebounds), Brandon Fields (13 points & 4 assists) and Trahson Burrell (11 points & 4 rebounds).
The Drive will travel to Salt Lake City in the morning to get ready for their December 2nd matchup with the Stars. The Legends will travel to Austin to face off with the Spurs on December 4th. Tip-off for both games will be 7 p.m.
Highlights:Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2L9txpr
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/2rEyC26
Jordan Bone (34pts, 5reb, 5ast & 4 3PM) >>> https://bit.ly/37SUg3q
Donta Hall (16pts, 15reb, 3stl & 3blk) >>> https://bit.ly/33AmA76
Pe'Shon Howard (12pts & 4reb) >>> https://bit.ly/35MlSoX
Dakarai Allen (11pts, 9reb & 3stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2L9oR2U
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 30, 2019
- Hustle Stay Undefeated with Win over Oklahoma City - Memphis Hustle
- Season Highs Lead Vipers to Victory over South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Bid Falls Short in Loss to Vipers - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bested by Undefeated Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Martin's Hot Second Half Gives Skyforce 129-94 Victory over Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Fall in First OT Appearance to Grand Rapids - Texas Legends
- Phoenix Suns Recall Ty Jerome from Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- NAZ Suns Fall Again to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Bone Shines in Overtime Thriller - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Bounce Back in College Park - Cleveland Charge
- Kings Reassign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Acquire Jabari Brown - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pacers Assign Victor Oladipo and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate Month of November to Fighting Hunger Across Polk County - Lakeland Magic
- Stockton Kings Beat Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109, Continue Home Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Fall to Kings in Nail-Biter - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeated by Iowa Wolves 123-109 on Black Friday - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Ride Red Hot Start to Victory over Warriors - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive Announce Return for 2021-22 NBA G League Season
- Denver Nuggets and Grand Rapids Drive Partner as Single Affiliates Beginning with the 2021-22 Season
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan"