Legends Fall in First OT Appearance to Grand Rapids
GRAND RAPIDS, MI, (Nov. 30, 2019) - Detroit Pistons two-way Jordan Bone put on a show for Grand Rapids fans in an overtime thriller that would see the Drive (8-3) top the Texas Legends (6-4) 98-93.
After both teams struggled through the first, Texas finished strong putting up an 11-3 run to lead 22-12 going into the second. Texas held the lead through the half despite a 33-30 second quarter upset from the Drive.
Antonius Cleveland got the first basket of the second half for Texas, but Grand Rapids responded with 16 unanswered points to take their largest lead of the night (+7). Texas finished the third with an 8-0 run of their own to end on top 67-66. The visitors heated up in the fourth, extending their lead back to double digits with a 16-4 run in the first four minutes. The Drive chipped away to come within seven and held Texas scoreless in the final 2:30 minutes outside of a trip to the free throw line. Facing a 3-point deficit with 3.6 to play, Bone took control, knocking down a clutch jumper from outside to send the game to overtime.
Nate Mason found a way to three early points in the extra minutes but was answered by back-to-back threes from Grand Rapids to put the home team up by three. Both teams shot 50% from the free throw line to keep it close but the outside shots and a 5-1 domination of the boards would be the edge Grand Rapids needed to finish the match and end a four-game win streak for Texas.
Josh Reaves led the Legends with a double-double of 20 points, 11 rebounds while Mason added 17 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals. Antonius Cleveland finished with 13 points, 5 rebounds and Brandon Fields matched the 13 while dishing out 4 assists. Trahson Burrell came off the bench to add 11 points, 4 rebounds.
Bone powered the Drive with 34 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists while Donta Hall added a double-double 16 points, 15 rebounds, and a game-high 3 blocks.
The Legends return home Dec. 4 to host the Austin Spurs at 7pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 30, 2019
- Hustle Stay Undefeated with Win over Oklahoma City - Memphis Hustle
- Season Highs Lead Vipers to Victory over South Bay - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay's Comeback Bid Falls Short in Loss to Vipers - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bested by Undefeated Hustle - Oklahoma City Blue
- Martin's Hot Second Half Gives Skyforce 129-94 Victory over Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Fall in First OT Appearance to Grand Rapids - Texas Legends
- Phoenix Suns Recall Ty Jerome from Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona Suns
- NAZ Suns Fall Again to Sioux Falls Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Bone Shines in Overtime Thriller - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Bounce Back in College Park - Canton Charge
- Kings Reassign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Kings Recall Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan from Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Acquire Jabari Brown - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Pacers Assign Victor Oladipo and Edmond Sumner to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate Month of November to Fighting Hunger Across Polk County - Lakeland Magic
- Stockton Kings Beat Agua Caliente Clippers, 113-109, Continue Home Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Fall to Kings in Nail-Biter - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeated by Iowa Wolves 123-109 on Black Friday - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Ride Red Hot Start to Victory over Warriors - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Payne Puts up 33 But Vipers Strike in Second Half
- Lakers' Third Quarter Blast Keeps Texas at Bay
- Trail Blazers Transfer Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard to Texas Legends
- Moses Brown and Jaylen Hoard Transferred from Texas Legends to Trail Blazers
- Legends Come up Short in OT