Vesey Assigned to Wichita
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that forward Nolan Vesey (VEE-see) has been assigned to Wichita by the Oilers from Bakersfield.
Vesey, 24, is in his second season as a pro. A native of North Reading, Massachusetts, the 6-foot-2, 210-pound forward is a former draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs (round 6, #158 overall) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by Edmonton on June 8, 2018 and appeared in 32 games for the Thunder last season. He notched 10 points (3g, 7a) over that span and also played in two games for the Condors.
Prior to turning pro, Vesey attended the University of Maine (NCAA DI) where he had 82 points (39g, 43a) in 145 games during his college career. His brother, Jimmy, plays for the Buffalo Sabres.
Wichita returns home this Friday to close a three-game mini-series with the Idaho Steelheads starting at 7:05 p.m.
The Thunder are excited to be the host of the 2020 Warrior Hockey/ECHL All-Star Classic, presented by Toyota, on Wednesday January 22nd, 2020. Get your tickets now for the league's annual showcase that features some of the best young talent across the ECHL.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2019
- Mavs Fall in Tuesday Night Goalie Duel against Tulsa, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Receive Players from Charlotte, Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Vesey Assigned to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Penguins Recall Hawkins & Erkamps - Wheeling Nailers
- Tomas Sholl Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho's Sholl Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Mariners Weekly: Home Cookin' Ahead - Maine Mariners
- Josh Dickinson Named Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- Utah's Dickinson Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Lookout Walleye Fans, Here Comes Spider-Man - Toledo Walleye
- Defenseman Kelly Summers Receives AHL Call up to Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Support the Stingrays by Supporting Our Partners - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.