Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough Goes Virtual, with Drop from Rafters
PORTLAND, ME - "Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough," has been a popular staple at Maine Mariners home games through the first two seasons of operation. Despite not playing a 2020-21 season, the Mariners have revived the game in a virtual way, with a "tomato drop" from the rafters of the Cross Insurance Arena.
Evergreen Credit Union is sponsoring the "virtual tomato drop," which will take place on a date to be determined in early April. As is the case at Mariners home games, fans can purchase one tomato [stress ball] for $1 or six for $5. Sales are taking place at MarinersOfMaine.com/shop. Tomatoes "ID numbers" will then be assigned based on the amount of tomatoes purchased by a given individual.
The tomatoes will be dumped, all at once, from the rafters of the Cross Insurance Arena, directly above "center ice," where the target will be placed, as usual. The grand prize will be 50% of the money collected, along with a 7 day luxury hotel stay from Steele Hill Vacation Club to Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV, not including travel costs. Additional prizes from the Mariners, Jersey Mike's Subs, Three Dollar Deweys, and R.E.D.D. Protein Bars will also be given away.
Net proceeds from the virtual tomato drop will be donated to Good Shepherd Food Bank. A promotional video for the virtual tomato toss can be seen here.
The 2021-22 Mariners season is presented by Hannaford To Go, and will begin with the home opener on October 22nd at the Cross Insurance Arena against the Worcester Railers. Fans can put down a deposit of $50 on full season tickets for the 2021-22 season here. Half season, 12-game mini plans, and 10-ticket flex plans are also available for purchase, starting at $170. Single game and group ticket information will be available in the coming months, as well as a full 2021-22 schedule. More information on ticketing options is available by calling 833-GO-MAINE, emailing email@example.com, or by visiting MarinersOfMaine.com.
Images from this story
Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough with the Maine Mariners
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2021
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Extend Win Streak to Five in Overtime Tilt at Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Snaps Winless Skid with Victory on St. Patrick's Day - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Edge Fuel 3-2 in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Icemen Impressive in St. Patrick's Day Match with Orlando - Jacksonville Icemen
- Solar Bears drop first of four games to Icemen, 5-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Acquire Prapavessis in Trade - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Shepard Recalled by Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with A.L. Huber General Contractor - Kansas City Mavericks
- Toss a Tomato, Win Some Dough Goes Virtual, with Drop from Rafters - Maine Mariners
- Aubrun Assigned by Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, March 17, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Day Preview: Tulsa at Allen, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.