Toronto Marlies Weekly
What You Need To Know About The Marlies
- Toronto ranks 8th in AHL attendance with an average of 6, 198 fans per home game
- The Marlies have a record of 5-5-0-0 over the course of their previous 10 games
- Toronto ranks 8th in AHL powerplay percentage (20.0%) and 11th (tie) in AHL penalty kill percentage (83.3%)
- Spencer Abbott and T.J. Brennan rank 4th and 5th in AHL scoring with 53 and 52 points respectively
- Drew MacIntyre ranks 1st (tie) in AHL wins (22)
- Toronto holds a record of 10-8-2-1 in divisional games so far this season
- The Marlies rank 5th in AHL goals against per game (2.60)
To purchase tickets for Toronto Marlies home games call the team's ticket line at 416-597- PUCK (7825).
The Toronto Marlies posted a record of 2-1-0-0 in three games this past week.
Toronto returned from the AHL-All Star break on Saturday afternoon to defeat Swedish Hockey League club FÃ¤rjestad BK 4-3 in overtime in an exhibition matchup at Ricoh Coliseum. Dylan Yeo recorded three points, including the game winning goal at 27 seconds of the overtime frame. Garret Sparks stopped 17 shots in the win.
The Marlies were defeated 2-1 by the Utica Comets, AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks, on Sunday afternoon at Ricoh Coliseum. Brandon Kozun tallied Toronto's only goal while Drew MacIntyre stopped 26 of 28 shots. The Marlies went 1-for- 9 on the powerplay and 2-for-3 on the penalty kill.
In their third game in as many days, Toronto defeated the Texas Stars, AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars, by a score of 4-1 on Monday afternoon at Air Canada Centre. After falling behind 1-0, Josh Leivo and Jerry D'Amigo each tallied twice in the third period to help the Marlies to their 29th victory of the season. Drew MacIntyre made 30 saves while Greg McKegg and Spencer Abbott each recorded two assists.
The Marlies will take to the ice for three games this coming week. On Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m., Toronto will host the San Antonio Rampage, AHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers. The Marlies have posted a record of 3-0-0-0 against the Rampage this season. Rookie forward Vincent Trocheck leads the Rampage in scoring with 36 points (15 goals, 21 assists) in 48 games.
The Marlies will host the Oklahoma City Barons, AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, on Sunday afternoon in a game that will see former Marlies Will Acton and Ryan Hamilton return to Ricoh Coliseum. The game can be seen live on Sportsnet 360 at 4 p.m. Anton Lander leads the Barons in scoring with 38 points (16 goals, 22 assists) in 34 games.
Toronto will play their second of three school day games on Wednesday when they host the Binghamton Senators, AHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators, at 11 a.m. Mike Hoffman leads Binghamton in scoring with 63 points (27 goals, 36 assists) in 48 games.
Marlies Next Five Games
*All Times Local
Sat. Feb. 22 - SA @ TOR - 3 p.m.
Sun. Feb. 23 - OKC @ TOR - 4 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 26 - BNG @ TOR -11 a.m.
Sat. Mar. 1 - HAM @ TOR - 3 p.m.
Sun. Mar. 2 - LE @ TOR - 3 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Ford of Canada and MLSE Expand Partnership with Ford Performance Centre
- Marlies Announce Single Game Tickets On-Sale Date and Promotional Schedule
- Toronto Maple Leafs Inviting Fans of All Ages to Training Camp in St. John's
- Marlies Sign Nicholas Baptiste
- Marlies Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule