Four Recalled by Detroit
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday recalled forwards Cory Emmerton, Teemu Pulkkinen and Riley Sheahan and defenseman Adam Almquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Emmerton, 25, has appeared in 36 contests with the Griffins this season, registering 31 points (11-20 - 31), a plus-11 rating and 12 penalty minutes. The St. Thomas, Ontario, native has also skated in 11 games with Detroit, recording two assists and four PIM. Since the 2010-11 season, Emmerton has played in 132 games with the Red Wings, producing 21 points (12-9 - 21) and 22 PIM.
Pulkkinen, 22, leads the Griffins in scoring with 42 points (19-23 - 42) in 51 appearances and ties for 15th overall among AHL scorers. Detroit's fourth choice (111th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Pulkkinen joined the Griffins late in the 2012-13 season, tallying one assist in two regular season games and five points (3-2 - 5) in 14 postseason games en route to capturing the Calder Cup.
Sheahan, 22, has competed in 30 games with the Griffins in his second professional season, posting 18 points (8-10 - 18) and 10 PIM. A native of St. Catharines, Ontario, Sheahan tallied two assists - his first career NHL points - in Detroit's 5-4 shootout victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Dec. 21. In 18 games with the Wings this season, Sheahan has recorded 11 points (3-8 - 11) and a plus-two rating.
Almquist, 22, ranks second on the Griffins in scoring with 33 points (2-31 - 33) and 44 PIM in 48 contests. A native of Huskvarna, Sweden, Almquist became the 135th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he made his debut with Detroit on Nov. 4 at Winnipeg. Detroit's 7th choice, 210th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Almquist subsequently notched his first NHL goal and point on Nov. 7 versus Dallas.
The Griffins will stage their ninth-ever home three-in-three this weekend at Van Andel Arena, with games against the Oklahoma City Barons on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. and a match against the Milwaukee Admirals on Sunday at 5 p.m.
Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2. Single-game tickets for all home games are now available for purchase at all Star Tickets locations, including The Zone, online through griffinshockey.com, or by phone through Star Tickets at (800) 585-3737.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Red Wings Training Camp Opens Friday in Traverse City
- Griffins Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule, Ticket On-Sale Date
- Red Wings Release 2019 NHL Prospect Tournament Roster
- Red Wings Re-Sign Dominic Turgeon for One Year
- Griffins Announce Front Office Additions, Promotion