Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26
Chicago Wolves forwards CHRISTIAN HANSON and PAT CANNONE and defenseman JOEL EDMUNDSON will appear at Chicago-area libraries on Wednesday, Feb. 26, as part of the 19th season of the "Read to Succeed" program, presented by Butternut Bread and J.U.L.I.E., Call 811 Before You Dig.
Hanson will appear at Park Ridge Public Library. He will start his program at 4 p.m. at 20 S. Prospect Ave. in Park Ridge.
Edmundson will appear at both Chicago Ridge Public Library and Tinley Park Public Library. His first program will begin at 4 p.m. at 10400 S. Oxford Ave. in Chicago Ridge. Following that he will meet young readers and their parents at 7 p.m. at 7851 Timber Drive in Tinley Park.
Cannone, a graduate of Miami University, will appear at the Niles Public Library. His program will start at 7 p.m. at 6960 Oakton St. in Niles.
The "Read to Succeed" program teaches the importance of recreational reading and encourages children to use the many resources that libraries have to offer. The players will speak about the benefits of reading outside the classroom and discuss how it plays an important part in their lives as professional athletes.
Participants can win prizes -- including Wolves hats, beanie pucks, and tickets to upcoming games -- for setting and achieving reading goals.
Throughout the season, more than 17,000 children will participate in the program, with Wolves players making appearances at select libraries throughout the Chicago area.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.