Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend
Rockford, Ill. - After completing a weekend sweep of the Iowa Wild, the Rockford IceHogs return to the BMO Harris Bank Center this weekend for two big divisional games while riding a season-best seven game point streak (6-0-0-1).
For the second straight Friday the IceHogs host the Chicago Wolves in another Illinois Lottery Cup matchup with the game set to begin at 7 p.m. The first 2,500 fans into the building will receive an IceHogs water bottle, compliments of Rock Valley Culligan. It's also Rockford Hockey Club night as the IceHogs will recognize a few members from the hockey club during pregame festivities.
Both Rockford and Chicago have been hot as of late and come into the contest riding point streaks. The IceHogs have won six of their last seven with their only blemish coming last Friday against the Wolves in a shootout. Chicago meanwhile is riding an eight game point streak with a record of 6-0-2-0. The Hogs (59 points) sit in third place in the Midwest Division standings, trailing their intra-state rival Wolves (64 points) by five points for the second spot.
On Saturday, the Hogs are back in action at the BMO, this time in a border battle against the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. The first 1,500 fans through the gates will get an IceHogs 15th Anniversary t-shirt courtesy of Toyota.
The Admirals are positioned in the fourth spot in the division, just two points behind the IceHogs.
For tickets to either game this weekend, call (815) 968-5222, visit icehogs.com, or stop by the BMO Harris Bank Center or any Ticketmaster Outlet.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Rockford IceHogs, BMO Harris Bank Center and Coronado Performing Art Center Celebrate Local Heroes in New Hometown Heroes Program
- Blackhawks Prospect and IceHogs Scorer Dylan Sikura Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live
- IceHogs Defenseman Ian McCoshen Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live on Tuesday
- IceHogs Team Captain Tyler Sikura Joins Facebook Live Q&A on Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Classic Games vs. Scheduled Opponents on Facebook Live