Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell
Des Moines, IA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Wednesday announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled defenseman Jonathon Blum and forward Jake Dowell from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Blum, 25 (1/30/89), has skated in four games with Minnesota this season, averaging12:13 in time on ice per game. He has also tallied 25 points (6-1925) in 42 games with Iowa. Blum leads Iowa with six power-play goals and ranks second on the team in scoring this season. The 6-foot-1, 188-pound native of Long Beach, Calif., has recorded 22 points (7-1522) and 20 penalty minutes (PIM) in 95 career NHL games with Nashville and Minnesota. Blum was signed as a free agent by Minnesota on July 12, 2013.
Dowell, 28 (3/4/85), owns 14 points (6-814) and 32 PIM in 40 games with Iowa this season. The 6-foot, 200-pound native of Eau Claire, Wis., skated in two games with Minnesota last season and has tallied 33 points (11-2233) and 133 PIM in 156 career NHL games with Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota. He was signed by Minnesota as a free agent on July 4, 2012. Dowell is the only team captain in Iowa Wild history.
The Wild begins a three-game road trip on Wednesday in Rochester at 6:05 p.m. (CT). The team plays a pair of games at Lake Erie before returning home on Tuesday, Feb. 25 for a 5:35 p.m. faceoff with Rockford. The game is a $2 Tuesday, where fans can purchase any level ticket with a $2 discount. 200 Level seats will be available for $2 to the first 200 fans to purchase upper level seats. Patrons will also be able to purchase $2 sodas, $2 popcorns, and $2 10-ounce domestic drafts (21 and older) - through the first period of play. Also, select merchandise items will be available for only $2. The team then hosts the Rochester Americans at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 27.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.