Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Feb. 19, 2014) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers have announced that the team has acquired forward Nicolas Tremblay from the Oklahoma City Barons in exchange for forward Greg Miller. Tremblay will be assigned to the Stockton Thunder (ECHL).
Tremblay, 25, appeared in 41 games for the Bakersfield Condors, the Barons' ECHL affiliate, in 2013-14. He also skated in one game for Oklahoma City this season. A sixth-round (173rd overall) draft pick of the Boston Bruins in 2008, Tremblay played four years at Clarkson University from 2008 to 2012 before seeing nine games of AHL action with the Providence Bruins over parts of two seasons.
Miller, 24, started the season with the Sound Tigers and appeared in nine games. He was then loaned to Stockton, where he put up 38 points (17 goals, 21 assists) in 37 games. Miller was a four year player at Cornell University, where he increased his points total every season, including 33 points in 33 games during his senior year in 2012-13. He signed an AHL deal with the Sound Tigers at the conclusion of the 2012-13 season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.