Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans
BINGHAMTON, NY - Those who have made it to a B-Sens home game over the past few seasons have noticed the Endicott Precision Shot. This promotion gives one lucky fan who signs up the opportunity to take two shots from center ice towards the goal during the first intermission. The goal is covered from the cross bar to the ice except for a tiny slot on the bottom about the width of a hockey puck. Those who are unsuccessful in making the shot receive applause from the crowd; however, those who conquer the highly difficult task are rewarded with $1000 and a huge ovation.
An in-game promotion such as this one is meant to happen few and far between. This season it seems fans have found a way to beat the near impossible feat as four individuals have already converted on the long shot. On November 9 Dan Smith became the first winner of the year during Binghamton's 7-3 win over the Rochester Americans. The next successful attempt came January 17 from Frank McHale before Debra Smith (Dan's wife) and Roy Dickinson converted in back-to-back games this past weekend. All four winners have been successful during B-Sens blowout victories as fans seem to thrive off of the Senators potent offense this year.
Fans attending any Binghamton Senators home game can sign up for the Precision Shot at the FanZone located along the main concourse behind section 14 for just $1.00. Endicott Precision donates all proceeds from entry fees to the B-Sens WishClub who purchases tickets for under-privileged children.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2014
- Senators Strike in OT to Down Penguins, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Varone's Heroics Lift Amerks to 3-2 Overtime Win over Wild - Rochester Americans
- Rochester Stuns Iowa in OT for 3-2 Win - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Battle Back for 4-3 OT Win - Binghamton Senators
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Flames Recall Joni Ortio and Derek Smith from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Heat Recall Trupp from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Mike Cornell Loaned to Florida - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Trio Heads to LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Wolves Players Visit Local Libraries on February 26 - Chicago Wolves
- Precision Shot Pays off for B-Sens Fans - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Acquire Tremblay from Barons - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Nick Larson Reassigned to South Carolina - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Coyotes Recall Gormley from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Comets Prep for NY State Tour - Utica Comets
- Four Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Minnesota Recalls Blum and Dowell - Iowa Wild
- Cesari Works Behind the Scenes to Keep Wolf Pack in Top Condition - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Sign Joel Broda to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.