Toronto FC Acquires Tony Gallacher on Loan
Toronto FC announced today that the club has acquired Scottish defender Tony Gallacher on loan from Liverpool FC for the remainder of the 2020 MLS season. Gallacher will occupy an international roster slot and join the club pending receipt of his ITC (International Transfer Certificate). Gallacher has already received his P-1 Visa and completed the mandatory quarantine period under local government and MLS health and safety protocol.
"Tony is a young, promising defender that will provide us with additional depth on our backline for the remainder of the year," said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. "We feel his character and personality will fit well within our group."
Gallacher, 21, joins Toronto FC from reigning English Premier League Champions, Liverpool. Gallacher joined Liverpool in the 2018 January transfer window and made his senior team debut on December 17, 2019 in a League Cup loss to Aston Villa. He made 32 appearances for Liverpool's U-23 team, scoring two goals with one assist over two seasons. Prior to joining Liverpool, Gallacher played for Scottish club, Falkirk F.C. He made his debut on November 28, 2015 and went on to make 26 appearances for the club. Gallacher played his youth football at Forth Valley Academy before joining Falkirk F.C.
Gallacher has represented his native, Scotland at various youth levels including U-16, U-17 and U-19.
TRANSACTION: Toronto FC acquires defender Tony Gallacher on loan from Liverpool FC.
Weight: 156 lbs
Birthdate: July 23, 1999 (Age - 21)
Hometown: Glasgow, Scotland
Last Club: Liverpool FC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 14, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast Schedule Through September - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastian Blanco Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Head Coach Gary Smith and Midfielder Dax McCarty Named to MLS Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: September 16, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Announce Update to Academy Programming - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Rubio, Abubakar & Namli Named to MLS Team of the Week Presented by Audi - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Announces Phase 2 Broadcast Schedule - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Offense Comes to Life in 4-2 Win over Atlanta United FC - Nashville SC
- Youth on Display in Dominant Win over RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Acquires Tony Gallacher on Loan - Toronto FC
- LAFC Defeats Portland Timbers 4-2 Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Quakes shutout California Clasico rival - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Fall 4-2 on the Road to Los Angeles FC - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Sunday, September 13, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Impact Build Big Lead, Tops Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps fall short after both sides reduced to 10 men - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Reclaims First Place in 1-0 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 at Sporting KC - Minnesota United FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto FC Stories
- Vanney Steps Down as Toronto FC Head Coach
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves
- Nashville SC (1) - Toronto FC (0) Post Match Summary
- Toronto FC, MLSE Foundation and Black Players for Change Announce Community Partnership Ahead of 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Pozuelo Named to 2020 MLS Best XI