Head Coach Gary Smith and Midfielder Dax McCarty Named to MLS Team of the Week
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville SC's resounding 4-2 win over Atlanta United FC has earned the club two spots on Major League Soccer's Team of the Week presented by Audi.
Midfielder Dax McCarty was voted to the Team of the Week by a panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) comprising 75 percent of the vote, and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25 percent. The captain had the greatest attacking performance of his career, scoring his first goal for Nashville SC and assisting on the three other Nashville goals.
In addition, Head Coach Gary Smith was named Coach of the Team of the Week. Smith saw four different players find the back of the net in this match, and his substitutions late in the match successfully closed out the win without allowing another goal. The victory extended Nashville SC's unbeaten run to four matches.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 14, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast Schedule Through September - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Sebastian Blanco Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Head Coach Gary Smith and Midfielder Dax McCarty Named to MLS Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: September 16, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Announce Update to Academy Programming - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Rubio, Abubakar & Namli Named to MLS Team of the Week Presented by Audi - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Announces Phase 2 Broadcast Schedule - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Offense Comes to Life in 4-2 Win over Atlanta United FC - Nashville SC
- Youth on Display in Dominant Win over RSL - Colorado Rapids
- Toronto FC Acquires Tony Gallacher on Loan - Toronto FC
- LAFC Defeats Portland Timbers 4-2 Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Quakes shutout California Clasico rival - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Fall 4-2 on the Road to Los Angeles FC - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Sunday, September 13, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Impact Build Big Lead, Tops Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps fall short after both sides reduced to 10 men - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Reclaims First Place in 1-0 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
- MNUFC Falls 1-0 at Sporting KC - Minnesota United FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves
- Nashville SC Proud and Determined After 2020 Season Ends in Columbus
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces off against Columbus Crew SC in Eastern Conference Semifinals