Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced on Thursday that they have signed forward Adam Rockwood to an Amateur Tryout.
The 23-year-old native of Coquitlam, B.C. just completed a four-year NCAA career between the University of Wisconsin (2014-16) and Northern Michigan University (2017-19).
In his last two seasons with Northern Michigan, the 5-foot-10 Rockwood tallied 15 goals and 68 assists for 83 points in 81 games.
The Thunderbirds begin a three-game weekend on Friday, March 22 when they welcome the Binghamton Devils to the MassMutual Center for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop.
Springfield Thunderbirds 2019-2020 ticket memberships are on sale now and include the best benefits of being a Thunderbirds ticket holder. To learn more about memberships and single game tickets, visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com or call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Flames Reassign Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- 'Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Home Stretch Continues with 1-2-3 Food, Kids in Free, and Post-Game Skate this Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- James Phelan and Robbie Payne Returned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Ads Host IceHogs Friday in Important Divisional Battle - Milwaukee Admirals
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Add Three to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Abramov, Brannstrom, Chlapik Head to Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Matt Read from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Sign Mattheos to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Forward A.J. Greer Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Ink Clapperton to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Sign D Rob Michel to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Held Scoreless in 2-0 Loss to Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Drops Magic Number to 13 in 2-0 Win against Tucson - Iowa Wild
- Stars Score 6-3 Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Come from Behind to Defeat Bruins 3-2 in 8-Round Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Stars Outshine Griffins in 6-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Rockford - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Come Away with a Point in Roller-Coaster Night vs. Bruins
- Tippett Line Sets Tone in Bounce-Back Win over Devils
- Thunderbirds Wrap up Long Homestand to Start 3-In-3 Weekend
- Thunderbirds Honored by Nonprofit "I Found Light against All Odds" at Annual Gala
- T-Birds Partner with White Lion Brewing to Promote "Blast from the Past Night" with Retro Can Design