Abramov, Brannstrom, Chlapik Head to Ottawa
The Ottawa Senators have recalled forwards Vitaly Abramov and Filip Chlapik, as well as defenceman Erik Brannstrom, from the Belleville Senators on an emergency basis.
Chlapik has played four games with Ottawa this season where he has a goal. In 48 games with Belleville this season, he has a career high 16 goals and 33 points.
Brannstrom made his NHL debut on March 14 against St. Louis. The big acquisition from Las Vegas in the Mark Stone trade, the Swedish defenceman has four assists in eight games with Belleville.
Abramov, who was acquired from Columbus in the Matt Duchene trade, has tallied two goals and four points with Belleville in nine games. When he hits the ice for Ottawa, it would be the Russian's NHL debut.
Belleville are back in action Friday against Providence and return home March 27 to host Syracuse. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Flames Reassign Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- 'Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Home Stretch Continues with 1-2-3 Food, Kids in Free, and Post-Game Skate this Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- James Phelan and Robbie Payne Returned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Ads Host IceHogs Friday in Important Divisional Battle - Milwaukee Admirals
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Add Three to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Abramov, Brannstrom, Chlapik Head to Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Matt Read from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Sign Mattheos to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Forward A.J. Greer Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Ink Clapperton to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Sign D Rob Michel to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Held Scoreless in 2-0 Loss to Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Drops Magic Number to 13 in 2-0 Win against Tucson - Iowa Wild
- Stars Score 6-3 Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Come from Behind to Defeat Bruins 3-2 in 8-Round Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Stars Outshine Griffins in 6-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Rockford - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.