Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced today that defenseman Grant Hutton has agreed to terms on an amateur tryout agreement. The 23-year-old also signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Islanders earlier today, which begins in 2019-20.
Hutton played four years of college hockey at Miami University of Ohio. The 6'3, 209-pound defenseman served as team captain this past season, his senior year, and led all RedHawks defensemen with seven goals and 14 assists (21 points) in 37 games.
A native of Carmel, Ind., Hutton finished his college career with 71 points (29 goals, 42 assists) in 144 games and wore a letter in three of his four seasons at Miami University of Ohio. He was an alternate captain from 2016-18 and set career highs in goals (13) and points (27) during his junior campaign.
Prior to joining the RedHawks, Hutton played parts of three seasons in the United States Hockey League (USHL) with the Indiana Ice, Des Moines Buccaneers and Tri-City Storm, as well as three seasons in the North American Hockey League (NAHL) with the Corpus Christi Ice Rays and Janesville Jets. He recorded two points (one goal, one assist) in 35 USHL games and 43 points (14 goals, 29 assists) in 117 career NAHL contests.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Flames Reassign Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- 'Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Home Stretch Continues with 1-2-3 Food, Kids in Free, and Post-Game Skate this Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- James Phelan and Robbie Payne Returned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Ads Host IceHogs Friday in Important Divisional Battle - Milwaukee Admirals
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Add Three to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Abramov, Brannstrom, Chlapik Head to Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Matt Read from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Sign Mattheos to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Forward A.J. Greer Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Ink Clapperton to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Sign D Rob Michel to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Held Scoreless in 2-0 Loss to Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Drops Magic Number to 13 in 2-0 Win against Tucson - Iowa Wild
- Stars Score 6-3 Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Come from Behind to Defeat Bruins 3-2 in 8-Round Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Stars Outshine Griffins in 6-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Rockford - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Ho-Sang scores first playoff goal in setback; Hershey takes 2-1 series lead
- Sound Tigers Try to Regain Series Lead in Game 3
- Bridgeport silenced despite 39 shots on goal in Game 2 setback
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey in Game 2 Tonight
- Bellows scores twice, including game-winner in double overtime