Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves
ROCKFORD, Ill. - Jordan Schroeder scored in the shootout and Collin Delia turned away each of his three shots faced to keep the red-hot Rockford IceHogs rolling with a 2-1 win over the first-place Chicago Wolves Wednesday night at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
The Hogs have now won six straight home games for the first time since 2014-15 and are 14-5-1-1 over their last 21 games since Jan. 25.
Schroeder cruised in slowly on Wolves netminder Oscar Dansk in the shootout, nearly reaching the crease before making his move. The forward took Dansk to his stick side and quickly flipped a backhander past the outstretched goalie for the lone tally for either team in the shootout.
Delia stopped Tomas Hyka, Gage Quinney and T.J. Tynan to notch his first shootout win on the season.
The IceHogs goaltender also turned away 32 of 33 of shots in regulation, allowing just a lone goal to Quinney on a shorthanded breakway attempt at 18:19 in the second frame. Delia also helped Rockford kill off each of Chicago's six power-play opportunities, including fending off a 5-on-3 during the final minutes to send the Hogs to overtime.
Victor Ejdsell scored Rockford's only goal in regulation at 3:56 in the middle stanza.
Following tonight's contest, the IceHogs can claim the 2018-19 Illinois Lottery Cup series outright with a victory in their final matchup with the Wolves on March 31 in Rockford.
Next Home Game: March 23 vs. Milwaukee | 6 p.m.
The IceHogs will welcome back several all-time IceHogs greats for Alumni Night, including Oak Hewer, Corey Hessler, Raitis Ivanans, Nathan Lutz, Preston Mizzi and JF Rivard. Fans will have the opportunity to meet and receive autographs from the IceHogs alumni during the event.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Flames Reassign Lazar to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- 'Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Home Stretch Continues with 1-2-3 Food, Kids in Free, and Post-Game Skate this Weekend - Tucson Roadrunners
- James Phelan and Robbie Payne Returned to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Ads Host IceHogs Friday in Important Divisional Battle - Milwaukee Admirals
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack Add Three to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- T-Birds' Tenth 3-In-3 Weekend Begins Friday vs. Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Abramov, Brannstrom, Chlapik Head to Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Matt Read from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Sign Mattheos to Entry-Level Contract - Charlotte Checkers
- Forward A.J. Greer Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Thunderbirds Sign F Adam Rockwood to ATO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Senators Ink Clapperton to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Sign D Rob Michel to ATO - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Roadrunners Held Scoreless in 2-0 Loss to Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- Iowa Drops Magic Number to 13 in 2-0 Win against Tucson - Iowa Wild
- Stars Score 6-3 Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Come from Behind to Defeat Bruins 3-2 in 8-Round Shootout - Laval Rocket
- Stars Outshine Griffins in 6-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Wolves Drop Shootout to Rockford - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Unveil Player Designer Hat Series
- See All February Games for Just $49
- Get a Free IceHogs Block Figurine at LEGO/Autism Awareness Night
- Blackhawks Night Returns to Rockford on Friday, February 7
- $5 Kids Tickets, Console, Poster and Popsocket Giveaways Highlight Monday Matinee