Thunder Returns Home from Long Road Swing; Adds Hood off Waivers
Wichita, KS (March 20th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, returns home for the first time since March 4th for a weekend set against divisional rivals. Earlier this week, the team claimed forward Dylan Hood off of waivers.
Hood, 24, is in his third professional season. A native of Osoyoos, BC, the 5-foot-9, 186-pound forward has spent time with two different teams this year, recording three goals in 19 games with the Ontario Reign and two assists in 11 games with the Missouri Mavericks. Hood had his best professional campaign during his rookie year in 2012-13, tallying 25 points (12g, 13a) in 48 games with the Colorado Eagles.
Prior to turning pro, Hood played one season at the University of Calgary (CIS) where he scored 16 points (6g, 10a) in 27 games. Hood split his junior career between the Kelowna Rockets and Moose Jaw Warriors of the WHL, racking up 186 points (83g, 103a) in five seasons. After leading the Warriors in scoring in 2010-11 with 83 points (33g, 50a), he was invited to camp with the Boston Bruins and recorded two points during the Bruins' rookie game.
Wichita begins the weekend with another meeting against the Allen Americans. This will be the third time this week the teams have faced each other, with the Thunder winning the two previous meetings earlier this week in Allen. After tonight, the Thunder will host the Americans two more times down the stretch including the final regular season game on April 11th. Allen is looking to regroup after dropping their last four games and five of their last seven. The Americans are one of just five teams with 20 or more wins on the road this season. Wichita is playing just their third home game in March. Chad Costello leads the way with 20 points in 14 games vs. Wichita. Danick Gauthier has 19 points in 13 games against Allen.
Wichita plays tomorrow night against the Tulsa Oilers starting at 7:05 p.m. Tomorrow is Fight Cancer Night, presented by RACE Charities. The team will be donning special uniforms with the proceeds benefiting this great cause. March is Colon Cancer Awareness month, which is the second-leading cause of cancer-related death in the US, with over 50,000 Americans dying from it every year.
Individual tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
Images from this story
Forward Dylan Hood with the Missouri Mavericks
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2015
- Late Rally Subdues Thunder in 4-3 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles' Late Rally Results in Point vs. Steelheads, 4-3 OT - Colorado Eagles
- Everblades Escape IceMen on Marquardt's Hat Trick - Evansville IceMen
- Beck Beats Eagles in OT - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Defeat Mallards, Earn Tie For Second Place - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Tied for Second - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Downs Mallards, Moves into Second Place Tie with Quad City - Quad City Mallards
- Kalamazoo scores three power-play goals in 4-3 victory over Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Clinch Playoff Spot on Marquardt's Hat Trick - Florida Everblades
- Americans Defeat Thunder 4-3, Clinch ECHL Playoff Position - Allen Americans
- Stingrays, Jakaitis Extend Historic Streaks with 4-0 Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Warriors Sweep Cyclones with 4-1 Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Missouri Topped 3-1 by Toledo - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Grab 20th Consecutive Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Defeat Cyclones, 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jakaitis Sets ECHL Record as Stingrays Win 20th Straight - ECHL
- Cannata Heads from Reign to Comets - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Alaska Aces - Ontario Reign
- Deschamps Returns from Syracuse; Henry Loaned to Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Tulsa Boosts Roster with Addition of Brewer - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Beast Announce Signing of Windsor Goaltender Parker Van Buskirk - Brampton Beast
- Walters Signs with Rockford - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Returns Home from Long Road Swing; Adds Hood off Waivers - Wichita Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings vs Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Condors Kids Club Party with the Players March 25 at Camelot Park - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Punch Playoff Ticket; Nagle Returns - Fort Wayne Komets
- Gelderman Named VP & General Manager of Business Operations - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers at Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Open Weekend Set at Home against Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Brampton Beast - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Look for 20th Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - March 20 - ECHL
- Fuel Add Notre Dame's Schneider - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.