Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced that three players have been called into national team duty for the upcoming international break. Jordan Morris (USA), Cristian Roldan (USA) and Jordy Delem (Martinique) are all set to represent their respective nations during the upcoming FIFA window.
Morris (middle), Roldan (right) and Delem (background) all played in a 2017 Gold Cup match between the U.S. and Martinique (Kim Klement / USA Today Sports).
Morris and Roldan join U.S. Men's National Team Head Coach Gregg Berhalter's second camp in charge as 24 players have been called to gather beginning March 17 in Orlando. The USMNT is set to face Ecuador on March 21 at Orlando City Stadium, followed by a matchup five days later against defending South American champion Chile on March 26 at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston. Both matches are set for 5:00 p.m. PT on ESPN2, UniMas and UDN.
Delem joins Martinique for a CONCACAF Nations League qualifying match at Guadalupe on Saturday, March 23. The qualifying matches determine the seeding for the group phase of the 2019-2020 CONCACAF Nations League, the inaugural edition of the tournament, in addition to establishing the remaining teams that qualify for the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Delem has 38 career caps and five goals for Martinique.
Following back-to-back home wins to open the 2019 campaign, Sounders FC hits the road for the first time this season to face the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 16 at SeatGeek Stadium (10:00 a.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - November 28, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Seattle Sounders FC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC Ahead of Opening Round Playoff Battle against LAFC
- Three Sounders FC Players Named to 2020 MLS Best XI