Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty
HARRISON, N.J. - Three New York Red Bulls, Aaron Long, Kaku, and Michael Amir Murillo, have been called in by their respective national teams for the March FIFA window.
Long receives his fifth consecutive camp invite, and most recently captained the U.S. Men's National Team twice in January. The 26-year-old broke onto the international scene with the USMNT last Fall shortly before being named the MLS Defender of the Year. The U.S. opens camp on March 17, with matches against Ecuador on March 21 and Chile on March 26.
Kaku, who made the one-time switch to Paraguay last May, will join La Albirroja for matches against Peru at Red Bull Arena on March 22, and against Mexico on March 26. Kaku made his debut for Paraguay last June in a Friendly against Japan, earned his second cap against South Africa in November.
Murillo, a member of Panama's 2018 World Cup squad, will join Los Canaleros for a match against Brazil on Saturday, March 23. Murillo has become a regular for Panama since making his debut in March of 2016. Murillo featured in the 2017 Gold Cup, and started two of Panama's matches in Russia last Summer.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2019 Team Awards
- New York Red Bulls Homegrown Connor Lade Announces Retirement
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs