FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch
CINCINNATI - The FC Cincinnati Foundation and FC Cincinnati formally opened a brand-new mini soccer pitch - donated by the club and owner Carl H. Lindner III and his wife, Martha - as well local philanthropist Edward Neyra at the Lincoln Recreation Center today.
The Lindners, FC Cincinnati President Jeff Berding, Cincinnati Recreation Commission Director of Recreation Daniel Betts, members of the Cincinnati Recreation Commission and members of FC Cincinnati's administration were on hand at the event. The opening of the mini pitch marks the first in a series of 10 mini pitches planned by the club and the FC Cincinnati Foundation to be opened around the city in the next five years.
Following the formal program, which included remarks from Berding, Martha Lindner and Betts, the podium was cleared and the pitch was officially unveiled for recreational use. Children from the West End neighborhood took to the soccer equipment-adorned mini pitch in their first chance to utilize the new facility.
On the pitch, the children had the opportunity to meet, talk and play alongside FCC players Nazmi Albadawi and Alvas Powell, as well as FC Cincinnati Club Ambassador Omar Cummings and club mascot Gary.
FC Cincinnati will make their home debut as an MLS team at Nippert Stadium on Sunday, March 17, when the team hosts MLS Cup finalists Portland Timbers at 5 p.m. The match will be televised nationally live on FS1, streamed on FOX Sports GO and carried on the radio on WDJO. Season tickets, mini plans and individual-game tickets are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin
- The FC Cincinnati Foundation Generates $1 Million Impact in First Year
- FC Cincinnati Select Defender Saad Abdul-Salaam in Stage 2 of 2019 MLS Re-Entry Process
- FC Cincinnati Expand Ownership Group, Add California's Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh
- FC Cincinnati Select Midfielder Haris Medunjanin in 2019 MLS End-Of-Year Waivers Draft